Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Trail Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Trail Rig

I own a Losi Comp Crawler but looking for a trail rig for my son so I can actually drive the LCC instead of him.

My question is should I get teh SCX10 RTR kit or is an AX-10 better for trails even though it isn't as scale looking. I don't really care if it looks scale. He just wants to have fun driving it into everything at near full speed. Thought about getting a Traxxas Summit just because it is waterproof but for 300+ more I think I can waterproof anything. Plus it is way to big to actually crawl on anything.

I could also get the Night Crawler for the same price as the SCX10 RTR which is a good crawler but a little slow on the wheel speed.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'd get him something he could follow you with. Teach him how to crawl! It might save you money in the long run. You have a lcc so a lnc would make sense to me.
rugerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Reason I am getting another truck is because I can't follow him. I bought him the MRC thinking it was a good size. He drives the LCC and I try to follow in the MRC and I am not even close. He turns 4 at the end of July but I don't want to wait that long to get him something.

Watching the youtube videos of the SCX10 it looks awesome but even the general climbing ability of it isn't close to a LNC. I am thinking the LNC is probably the best. As you said it will be more fun to stay together and I don't think an SCX10 will be able to climb much of what we crawl on. His cousin (17yr old) will also have an LNC and drive with us.

I will say though the SCX10 looks way cooler. Some people have done some amazing work and made some nice vids that make it looks close to real life. If only they didn't bounce so much off the rocks it would look legit. Hard to get the look of 1000's of lbs hitting a rock in a 6 lbs vehicle.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

For your 4 year old son I would probably suggest something like the AX10 RTC or ARTR. The RTC would be good for him to bash around in and also has some decent crawling ability. The ARTR would be a decent choice too. Just add your electronics and go. Plus it already has the aluminum links so if he likes crawling you have a good base to build off of, IMO.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_tough View Post
For your 4 year old son I would probably suggest something like the AX10 RTC or ARTR. The RTC would be good for him to bash around in and also has some decent crawling ability. The ARTR would be a decent choice too. Just add your electronics and go. Plus it already has the aluminum links so if he likes crawling you have a good base to build off of, IMO.

For 269 I think the LNC is a better choice as it is more capable out of the box. I don't plan on running this in a comp otherwise I would go with an LCC.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #6

I like the ARTR better, however if you get LNC you will only have to have parts from one company and can rob parts if necessary.
Melonhead Trey is offline   Reply With Quote