Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Rover Tire Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #1

Default Rover Tire Question

I have a pretty much stock set up. I want to get some rovers but im worried there gonna rub. Can i run rovers on the stock rims? Will they rub on my links or any other components? Are they really as good as everyone says? Im looking for a good all around tire, not just for rocks
noobdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

yes you can run em on stock rims, yes they probly will rub just set your epa's and trim the body,yes they really as good as everyone says...get white dot rovers i have the new ex pink dots, i was more impressed with my whites. in vest in a good set of foams nova 5.5 or proline stage2's
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

X 2 ^^ Putting white dot Rovers on a stock-ish AX-10 is the biggest single upgrade you can do, IMHO. They fit stock rims and work nicely with stock Axial foams. They are a little bigger so they'll hit bodywork, just trim it. Generally you can still have full steering with the stock shock and link locations. And they work well even on slimy rocks, crumbley hard packed dirt and wet, smooth river stones.

Only catch is:- you'll start breaking other things due to the extra traction!

Cheers.
Terranaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #4

I put them on my ax10 and absolutely love em. I have the links and shocks in the factory position and have no problems. They want to rub the link a little while sidehilling in full lock, but not enough to hinder performance.
garyba18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranaut View Post
Only catch is:- you'll start breaking other things due to the extra traction!

Cheers.
Very true. But it's worth it.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i have seen these in action love them so ordered me a set for mine keep update on the working performance
RockGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Definitely the best 20 I've spent so far. Be sure to weight and vent the rims and you're good to go. I have whites and put 8 oz in the fronts and 4 in the rears.

Good luck!
vincentvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #8

I changed over to the Rovers (white dot) and tried both memory foam and the stock gray foams on stock rims. For me the gray foam worked best. Definitely an improvement. Also added the Wheel Pig weight set up at the same time. Still playing with the weights.
gmcrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Rovers fit on any rim that will hold tires Sure some work better than others but overall they fit good. I am amazed that you can cram them onto those psycho narrow rims Man those tires have to be one major improvement on the AX10. I got mine used and never got it with the rock lizards but it came with some pretty crappy tires and the rovers made it planted Just a word of advice, take your time installing them since the bead is pretty flexable, it can be prone to going in slightly crooked and that is mad frustrating
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Mount them up and don't worry about them rubbing on anything. it wont hurt a thing.
rugerboy is offline   Reply With Quote