Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Got enough spares to build another crawler? Could i use Bully MOA axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Got enough spares to build another crawler? Could i use Bully MOA axles?

Hey guys,

I have built up my ax10 with a bunch of upgrades and now have heaps of spares and want to start a second crawler. I have used 55mm posts as braces on the stock chassis and will make a custom skid. i think this is about an inch less than the stock width.

I do need axles, but looking at price to get housing, gears, lockers, knuckles, hubs etc i can pretty much get the full alloy Bully axles which have everything. Is this possible to do. I make my own links out of delrin so link length will not be a problem.

I know MOA axles usually need a chassis designed for them, but will it really not work or is it just a little better with a a MOA designed chassis?

If this wont work, where is the best place to buy AX10 axles with all the internals?

thanks
Alex
axeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
TSK
Shelf queen

it's most likely possible, but why not just keep it real and buy used axial axles in the classfieds?
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
0 0

ive seen some pretty built axles in the classifieds for pretty cheap. just keep an eye out
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default ...

Yeah that was my next though, i new ones will get scratched anyway so used will be fine.
Thanks guys, i'll keep an eye out.
axeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #5

Default axles

you can get a complete ax10 axle at www.ckrccrawlers.com for about 40 bucks with all internalsi bought one and they work great
ruda911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #6
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruda911 View Post
you can get a complete ax10 axle at www.ckrccrawlers.com for about 40 bucks with all internalsi bought one and they work great
thats a for a stock axle. i don't even want to know how much i have in just my axles
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote