Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 tranny shaking axles bad!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default AX10 tranny shaking axles bad!

I got a new ax10 tranny kit from tcs put it togather the right way (I think so) Tested it by hand out of my scaler, and it was as smoth as could be. then i put it in the jeep ran fine for a battery or two, then it started to shake, and shutter the axles like crazy! front is wrose then the back. I took it apart and everything look fine, so i put it back and it still does it???? Has the tranny ever done this to anyone??? and cn you fix it?
cdw327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

if you inspected it it should appear to be broken if it is, bad bearings in the tranny might not be easy to spot..have you checked the axles in your other rig, maybee your grubscrew on the driveshafts werent tight enough?
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #3

not sure what is causing the shaking, but i had a similar problem with mine and it turned out to be too much angle on the drive shafts. i lowered it a little and the problem went away. did you change your suspension or link lengths? if you are using a different tranny than before it may be a different length which could have increased the angles too. just a few thoughts.
good luck, i hope it smooths out.
low gear is offline   Reply With Quote