Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax-10 upgrade list with some questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #1

Smile ax-10 upgrade list with some questions

First off, Hello everyone

I just got my hands on a nice ax10 roller, it's all stock. I'm looking at upgrading the shocks, drive shafts, steering knuckles, and tires right off the bat.

For the steering knuckles I like the vanquish high steers, do those require any other parts to be upgraded/changed around them?

Either MIP, or Junfac shafts, both carbon steel and arround the same price. Most likely whatever's more readily availible will be what I get.

Shocks, I really want the Junfac zeros in black, but good luck finding a set of those for sale anywhere... So i'm probably going to settile for the axial comp shocks. Shock question; what's the difference in the stock 100m shocks and a 124mm? would changing to a longer shock require other parts to be upgraded/changed?

Tires, I have the losi something or others now, like them very much but I want something a bit larger, I get swallowd up in some of these east texas rocks faster than you can believe. what do yall like?

I'm not planning on competing at all with this rig so comp rules dont really matter, please feel free and welcome to post opinions, advice, or whatever happens to be on your mind.
JeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

My rig has MIP's and they're awsome. I have also heard good things about the JunFac ones too. As far as shocks, go with something in the 100 mm area. It will lower your COG and will fight overarticulation. Check out Bender's Articulation blog on the Axial website, it contains some really useful information.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote