Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default ax10 problems

Hey guys, i have an ax10 with the xtrail chassis and the MIP shafts. I noticed that i kepts twisting off the output shaft on the transmission and having to replace them. Then i saw that there is alot of binding when i try to turn the wheels, but when i push down on the Rig and then push it around it rolls just fine, it only for some reason has a bind when the shocks arent supressed down. any thoughts as to what could be causing this. i have looked at the mip shafts to see if any pins maybe have moved out of place or something but everything was fine. i took the transmission apart and everything is great there. anyone have any thoughts why it would roll just fine when i push down on it and when i let up and roll it there is alot of binding for some reason. thanks for your help!
MaxxCrawler02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Post up a picture of what your describing.
RIG_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

sounds like your pinion angle could be out of whack, and causing the binding problems, possibly. Thats my guess.
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

is the truck in full droop? the ax10 shocks are way to long for the x-trail chassis unless they are in a droop (sprung too pull the shock together not push out) if they are not then it could be that the angle is just so extreme that it just cant bend that far and something gotta give the next softest part to give is the out put on the trans. robinson racing makes a solid one piece gear i believe not totally sure but they do have something way better than stock. without a pic i dont know nothing just throwing that out there cause i have seen pics of people trying to do that before.
towjockeyrc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

what it is is that the angle is to steep for the MIP shafts so there is some binding going on. i bought the little tcs package to put the springs inside the shocks and it is sitting lower. i guess i need to go even lower? i will post pictures when i get home today to show the problem.

here is a stupid picture, but the lines show the mip shafts and about what there doing. hopefully that expalins what im having problems with.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by towjockeyrc10 View Post
is the truck in full droop? the ax10 shocks are way to long for the x-trail chassis unless they are in a droop (sprung too pull the shock together not push out) if they are not then it could be that the angle is just so extreme that it just cant bend that far and something gotta give the next softest part to give is the out put on the trans. robinson racing makes a solid one piece gear i believe not totally sure but they do have something way better than stock. without a pic i dont know nothing just throwing that out there cause i have seen pics of people trying to do that before.

your absolutely correct on your statement, that is indeed exactly whats going on. should i just go with some smaller 90mm shocks? i am using he stock shocks but i bought the kit from tcscrawlers that puts springs inside the shocks...
Old 04-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

So what should i do to make it to where the shafts line up better?

seems as though i have fixed my issue

Last edited by MaxxCrawler02; 04-16-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The X-Trail is made for a droop setup. The only other fix it to make brackets to mount your shocks higher. You can try getting shorter shocks, but you might have to experiment with them to figure out the best setup.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

ok when you put the springs inside the shocks they go between the bottom of the shock and the piston to pull the shock to make it want to stay short. if it is put together by the instructions on tcs's web site you should not have any problems at all i run that same frame and have no problems except it is a little on the weak side (it is soft and very easy to bend not only side to side but in the valley where the skid plate bolts up) other than that it performs very well for what it is. i have found however it is a lot more user friendly with a 1.9 wheel and tire and awesome with a 1.55 steel wheel and like a mud slinger sized tire are you trying to run like the stock 2.2s on it?
towjockeyrc10 is offline   Reply With Quote