Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Ax- 10 Edge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My Ax- 10 Edge

Here are some pics of my Ax-10 Edge build. The wiring is still a work in progress thou . It has an Integy 55t moter hooked up to a Rooster crawler ESC, controled with a JR racing XS3.

Took it out for his maiden crawl and this happened

Going to get some new knuckles it the morning thou. Next the list is a saddle pack and some skins.
Hemipower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemipower23 View Post

Going to get some new knuckles it the morning thou. Next the list is a saddle pack and some skins.

RPP has a sale on C's and knuckles, $6.99 a set. http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/dyn8051.htm

Any color you want as long as it's Blue.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

It would look much better with some panels on it. Get some or make some mounting plates for your 3 link and mount your elecronics there, and once you get your panels you can also mount it to the inside of the panels like mine You can also put the battery over the front axle or front 3 link. Some saddle packs or a 2s lipo will fit. The edge is already top heavy so you want everything as low as you can get it.

EDIT** here is a link to my thread to give you a better idea Grim's Edge Tuber

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 09-07-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsATV View Post
RPP has a sale on C's and knuckles, $6.99 a set. http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/dyn8051.htm

I got a set of those off Ebay for a couple bucks less last week, bolted right up, works great. Color isn't my favorite, but screw it, it'll be scraped up silver soon enough.
SFT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsATV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
I got a set of those off Ebay for a couple bucks less last week, bolted right up, works great. Color isn't my favorite, but screw it, it'll be scraped up silver soon enough.
a little easy off and they will be good and silver again!!!
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Updated with panels now, still waiting on saddle pack thou. I know the blue comes off, I like the look thou!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Got a saddle pack and some Losi 4" shocks! I put my comp claws on it and it is sitting lower now, almost have the 3 link parallel to the ground! I will get some new pics posted up soon. Next on the list is a 4 link front and rear, but that might have to wait until after the new year .
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Updated Pics!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Very nice. The shorter shocks most definately will help. A four link system would definately help too but from my own experiences I think a behind the axle steer package might be a better option to start with. While the four link helps articulation I am constantly getting hung up on my steering links.
Bruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Well looks like christmas came early for me!!! I got a 4 link setup front and rear! Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but i am planning on a run tomorrow. One question I have thou, is it normal for the front right tire to come off the ground when I go from reverse to foward without stopping? I was thinking that was the torque twist kicking in. I have the 4 link setup to help with the twist according to TCS. The tire doesn't come off the ground from a stand still. Tomorrow I will get to test it out on a climb that was a beast last time because of the twisting. Truck kept rolling over! Hopefully the 4 link will fix it.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemipower23 View Post
Well looks like christmas came early for me!!! I got a 4 link setup front and rear! Haven't had a chance to test it out yet but i am planning on a run tomorrow. One question I have thou, is it normal for the front right tire to come off the ground when I go from reverse to foward without stopping? I was thinking that was the torque twist kicking in. I have the 4 link setup to help with the twist according to TCS. The tire doesn't come off the ground from a stand still. Tomorrow I will get to test it out on a climb that was a beast last time because of the twisting. Truck kept rolling over! Hopefully the 4 link will fix it.
I call that a "cheated case of torque twist." Trick is to make an "incline" ramp and see how well it can make it up and at what point it starts to twist and see if you can't dial it out more. I say 4-link is light years ahead of 3-link for sure and should help torque twisting a ton
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote