Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: TCS Boulder and chassis link questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #1

Default TCS Boulder and chassis link questions

This is my first post, so hopefully I put it in the right place. I have been hanging around here for awhile and finally decided to sign up. I recently purchased a used Axial AX10 RTR for a good price and am currently in the process of converting it over to the SCX10 chassis and adding a four link setup. Does any one know what the length eye to eye for the upper links is? I'm using the stock plastic lower links from the Dingo kit for now. Eventually, I may replace them with aluminum or stainless rod.

My second question is about the aluminum TCS Crawlers Boulder TVP plate chassis. Where do you mount the battery and which configuration does it take (stick, hump, saddle, etc.) I would like to use a six cell stick if possible as it's what all my other cars use. Do you have to remove the body panels to swap it out when running multiple packs?

Sorry about the long post, but I've looked around and haven't been able to find any answers to these questions.
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #2

Anyone happen to know the answers to these questions?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

sorry but i can't help you because i don't know the solution to your problem
skypyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM   #4

It looks like no one seems to know... or maybe it's a secret .
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Suck it up!

Maybe look in the SCX10 section?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

the reason no one has an answer is becuase it all depends on how long your shocks are....what ends your using as well as what your pinion angle wants to be.......for example....my wheelbase is stretched and moved as well as my skid is in a different place.....so my proper link length is going to be completely different than some one elses.....my suggestion is to somehow prop the truck up to where you want it and then measure the links......or go look in the axial manual for the optional metal link conversion for the dingo....it will all make sense in the part numbers .....good luck........................and sorry duuuuuuude i had to jack your signature a week or so ago lol
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
My second question is about the aluminum TCS Crawlers Boulder TVP plate chassis. Where do you mount the battery and which configuration does it take (stick, hump, saddle, etc.) I would like to use a six cell stick if possible as it's what all my other cars use. Do you have to remove the body panels to swap it out when running multiple packs?

Sorry about the long post, but I've looked around and haven't been able to find any answers to these questions.

You can put the battery where ever you want on that chassis. I've run them on the rear axle, front axle (saddle) and I've just slapped a stick pack on the hood. Right now I'm running a 3s lipo on the rear deck.

My stock axial top links are 3.5" eye to eye.
sdcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #8

Thanks for the replies. I'm just trying to be careful with the $. This quickly went from a $165.00 project to a $300.00 one. I figured if someone could give me a rough number and some battery info it might steer me in the right direction. Right now it looks like I'm building a basically stock scx10 chassis with a four link setup. That Boulder chassis looks pretty cool, I just wasn't sure if a stick pack would fit in there.
Thanks Again!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

It happens! I would say the best money you could spend is 20 for a memeber star. You'd be amazed at the money you can save by buying and trading on this forum.
sdcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm just trying to be careful with the $. This quickly went from a $165.00 project to a $300.00 one. I figured if someone could give me a rough number and some battery info it might steer me in the right direction. Right now it looks like I'm building a basically stock scx10 chassis with a four link setup. That Boulder chassis looks pretty cool, I just wasn't sure if a stick pack would fit in there.
Thanks Again!
Use the TCS X-Trail Chassis (it's a direct bolt on for the AX10) and you can use the stock shocks and you can buy the 4 link plates from TCS as well. You will save your self a lot of chash.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote