Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: King Pins?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default King Pins?

My king pins that secure the knuckle and hub together keep backing out and I lose them. I know not to over tighten them as it will cause binding and the drag link becomes too tight. Just wondering if I can use a little loctite?
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
cherry bomb

there should be a bushing in there that you tighten the screw onto,should be zero binding tight or loose. I locktight mine, and snug is good.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
there should be a bushing in there that you tighten the screw onto,should be zero binding tight or loose. I locktight mine, and snug is good.
Some of those bushings are plastic, so it is possible to crank them down untill they bind.

Locktite is good for any screw thats going into metal. Put a drop into the threads on the c, not on the screw. Otherwise you'll get some in the bushing and it may not move smoothly.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Hateraide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Some of those bushings are plastic, so it is possible to crank them down untill they bind.

Locktite is good for any screw thats going into metal. Put a drop into the threads on the c, not on the screw. Otherwise you'll get some in the bushing and it may not move smoothly.
ive made that mistake before lol, definetly dont do that
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

thats why I said snug is good, the guy that i got my scaler from crushed all the plastic ball ends, drives me nuts! i've also loctighted a bushing in. i'll but putting it in the threads next time not on the screw
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I put a small washer between the C's and the knuckles. The bushing that goes through the knuckles is a little bit longer than the hole in the knuckle. That way the bushing rests on that washer instead of the c's. You can tighten them down as hard as you want, and the knuckles turn with ease.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I am using STRC aluminum knuckles and c's with the plastic bushing collars off an Axial parts tree. I'll put loctite on the c's and that should do the trick!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for those awesome tips guys! I went ahead and put a dab of loctite on the top and bottom of the C's then put the plastic collars on the knuckles and screwed them down to dry.

Took it out on the rocks today...PERFECT!