Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: has anyone run dynamite alum hubs and knuckles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #1

Default has anyone run dynamite alum hubs and knuckles?

Just broke my stock (plastic) front steering knuckles on my rig. I've been wanting to upgrade to alum parts but didn't want to spend $80 on an axial set. I found a seller on eBay that had some dynamite knuckles and hubs for about $17 brand new (for both) Just wondering if anyone has run this set up on the ax10 and if the fit and install was any good on them. Thanks guys!
fourxlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Tossin' Salad

The clockable aluminum Cs by Axial are about 30 bucks, and the knuckles are about 34 bucks. I run Vanquish knuckles, as they are just beautiful. But, if you spend some time on RPPHobby website, you can browse through their AX10 section, and find a few different options.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
The clockable aluminum Cs by Axial are about 30 bucks, and the knuckles are about 34 bucks. I run Vanquish knuckles, as they are just beautiful. But, if you spend some time on RPPHobby website, you can browse through their AX10 section, and find a few different options.

Casey
Thanks for the tip. I looked around at a few different sites. But I'm just being cheap really
And didn't want to spend the money. my rig is a super budget build. these are the parts I'm talking about. they look half decent and I know they are about the same price as axial parts normally but I think they are discontinued so this seller is blowing them out.$17 for the set I couldn't say no. just wondering if anyone has had luck with these or disaster!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well if there alum, they got to be better than the oem, I just got the ST alum knuckles and they seem to work well so far.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I just hate that all the Dynamite stuff is blue. I was looking at a set of battery plates for the front axle of my rig but I can't do the blue. I could strip the anno and paint or something but not sure I want to go through the trouble.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #6

We'll have to see what the quality is like when I get them. But they are alum so I figure I can always just drill and re tap if it doesn't quite work together. I agree about the blue ano, definitely gonna hit these with some black paint before I install.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Chances are, they're made from a lower/softer grade of aluminum. But if the budget is a concern, then it would still be a step up from plastic.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The dynamites are a step up from stock for sure, but not as strong as the Axial/Vanquish knuckles. The C's should be fine, but I broke one of the knuckles on a hard fall. I run the STRC C's, and Axial BTA knuckles for now. I'm eyeballing a set of Vanquish knuckles right now because I want to move my steering tierod a little further out from where it is right now.

My C's from STRC have about a year and a half on them, and the knuckles lasted about a month.... I can only assume that Dynamite and STRC are using comparable aluminum.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #9

So I just got these in the mail yesterday. Got them installed and I gotta admit they fit pretty nicely. They don't supply you with hardware (except for two ball studs, which I have no idea where you would use them) but all the stock screws thread pitch and diameter's work out. The only screws you'll have to come up with are the ones that bolt the knuckles to the C's. The stock ones are a coarse thread and the alum C's are tapped for a fine thread screw. I already had a traxxas screw assortment set that worked out fine. So the fit and finish is pretty damn good. The durability remains to be tested but I'm heading out in a few to go do just that. So for $25 I got a set of C's, knuckles, and some drive shaft collars. Not a bad deal. You'll find them on ebay if anyone is interested.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I have those coming in as well. I would guess the same seller, I got STEERING KNUCKLES, HUB CARRIERS, TRANSMISSION MOUNT, and some HIGH-CLEARANCE LINKS, for $27.33 shipped, yes shipped. $2.85 shipping. But 1 shipping price covered all! I'll c how they are. Got to be better than stock!
racenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I have had a set of the dynamite hubs and nuckles on mine for about 3 months and work just fine. I got the from my local hobby shop for super cheap.
out4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote