Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New to crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #1

Default New to crawling

I just wanted to introduce my self. I'm really new to crawling. I started off at drifting and my lhs and now crawling is becoming a big thing. so I decided to get into it and try it out. i couldn't get a new one so I picked one up on good ole craigslist for 135. only thing wrong with was it needed a yok and the female piece of the drive line. I just wanted to kno what to do next? or what to replace, I know I'm going to replace the esc and servo but where do I go now. for the price I think I got a good deal. let me kno what u guys think, what I can do or change. thanks here's a pic I took after I got it and replaced the yok and driveline piece.

since this I've straigtened the short shaft on the servo links. I added a aluminum servo horn and added spacers under the servo for the long horn. added about 5oz to each wheel up front and cut the foam for better traction. added plates from a mini losi to change the shock position up front. let me know what not to do or to do. any comments are welcome!

thanks for looking!

Bobby

I'll be trying to hit up Concords hobbytown to try this rig out!
PROJECT 91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You will need to get your battery lower, and what motor,esc, and servo are you gonna run? just some suggestions would be Tekin esc, airtronics servo, HH 35T motor on 3s lipo, maybe look into some different tires, that will all depend on where you crawl, and last but certainly not least, search this forum and you will get loads of ideas and tips!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

K.O.M.'s Newbie Comp Build

Welcome to RCC
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote