Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ld racing bta questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ld racing bta questions

i just got the standard ld racing bta kit for the axial, not what they claim is for the vanquish high steer knuckles even though it lists them both on the standard kit, i think they are both the same...from what i have seen today looking everywhere
i have the RPP knuckles and it appears they will not work as it toes things in too much with the tie rod attached, they should be a hd stock replacement
it says this kit will work with stock knuckles too but i tried that as well and same deal on the toe in. too much
i am going to assume at this point that you have to use high steer knuckles to make this work even though they claim it will work with stock style knuckles, what am i missing if anything?

Last edited by guapotaco; 01-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

will some of you guys post some shots if you run this ld set up please, i will assume some of you guys are running this with stock knuckles?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I used Strc knuckles, I had to file off the ends to get more steering. There is a little toe out and the end of the servo arm hits the spring on my shock but other than that it works very well, and inexpensive.
http://www.teamstrc.com

I copied this straight from the ckrc web site.
3. This kit does not work with any type of 4 link suspension kit offered for the ax10. Here is the page
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/info-ckr...ns-p-1186.html

nathand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Search in this axial section for "Racing BTA" or post up your question in the LD vendor thread located below. THere are pictures in this thread as well. I used this kit on many axial rigs with both high clearance and normal geometry aluminum knuckles. Never used stockers. Don't know why you have so much toe out.

AX10 BTA Steering Kit $17.99

take a picture or two of your setup. That would aid in getting faster help too.

Last edited by Szczerba; 01-12-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

searched for way too long already, thxs for the link, sent him a pm to try and figure it out, hell this aint rocket science but i dont know what i am missing on this besides these knuckles really dont work with this set up, rpp and or stock...? gonna get some vp's coming as it seems these work just fine with those, i dont like the non pipe flange version tie rod i got but i guess i can mod a brand new part and put some in if there is enough material
Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default hum

I have the ckrc kit and it works with the 4 link .i have the high clear nuckls to.its a tight fit but works.
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

It will work... Done like the pics above. Some toe in is a good thing... BUT

I fought this for a while with stock alum knuckles, and really in the end its not worth it. You will never have the steering you want and if you dont have epa on your radio then its going to over heat your servo, or rip something apart when you turn to lock. I ordered the VP high steer everything works great.

Do you have adjustable C's like strc's? If so they need to be pushed all the way in towards the axle center.

Last edited by 92LILREDYJ; 01-14-2011 at 03:32 PM.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote