Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: C.I. - 4340 steel - Axial transmission outputs for Traxxas Maxx driveshafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default C.I. - 4340 steel - Axial transmission outputs for Traxxas Maxx driveshafts

Crawler Innovations is proud to finally offer our 4340 steel - Axial transmission outputs for Traxxas Maxx driveshafts. This is a permanent fix to weak outputs, weak drive shafts, and heavy metal drive shafts.

These outputs are cut from 4340 "Chrome Moly" steel. They are CNC machined to fit the Traxxas T / E Maxx drive shafts. The parts numbers are:

Traxxas Heavy Duty input yokes
#4928X

Traxxas Heavy Duty drive shafts
#4951X

These are the axle drive shafts from Traxxas, not the smaller drive shafts for the transmission.

The reason the front shaft is longer is to allow for clearance of larger spur gears in order to gear lower for increased torque. For brushless motors this is critical to ensure a smooth start up and no cogging.

They are sold in a set. A set is one long front and one short rear.

These are Made in the U.S.A.

Vendor thread information is here:
C.I. - 4340 steel - Axial transmission outputs for Traxxas Maxx driveshafts

Here is a set installed on my SCX-10 based 1.9 scale Toyota. I am using a 96 tooth spur gear and 15 tooth pinion on a Tekin 13.5 sensored brushless inrunner motor using a Mamba Max Pro on 4S. The truck is as smooth on start up as my brushed 2.2 comp trucks using Holmes Hobbies hand wound motors.

Yes, it's a giant 96T spur gear but the smooth crawlability even with a brushless motor is amazing.

Here you can see just how much clearance you have between the output shaft, spur gear and drive shaft yoke. You could actually go bigger if you can find a company that makes a bigger 48pitch spur gear.

This pictures shows that the drive shafts clear all link mounting and links.

Crawler Innovation is in a growth phase at the moment. A new web site is under construction and the current web site will be deleted. I am not adding new products to the current web site, so you need to email me directly if you want these or other products not listed on the current web site. My direct email is:

novasark@crawlerinnovations.com

As always, thank you so much to everyone for your support of me and Crawler Innovations products. Without good customers like you, none of this would be possible. Thank you,
Eddie
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Holy Hell those are clean!

Excellent work Eddie. If these would of came out about 6 months ago, I would a bought a set for my spare rig, but its in pieces now...

Great idea of putting them in a SCX too.
FatGremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Nice, I plan to turn my shafty to a sporty after I build a berg. These will be going in. I like my MIP shafts, but a whole lotta weight. These with T-Max shafts should lighten things up quite a bit.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Suck it up!

I though Hell would freeze over before somebody made these again.

Guess I'd better pack a jacket...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

any reason for chrome moly ? isnt there a less expensive steel i know its strong but not really needed.

Last edited by Flyin Hawaiian; 02-22-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #6
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian View Post
any reason for chrome moly ? isnt there a less expensive steel i know its strong but not really needed.
Is it really needed, I don't know. But with the heavy scale trucks being built for G6 events, TTC events and KOH type events, I'd rather over build than under build. I understand the cost is high, but it has less to do with material and more to do with the different machine time set ups.

I'm actually extremely pleased with the final cost, because initially the machines shop was talking $75 per output! After the machine shop did this first run, the machine time and set up was less than estimated, so the cost went down considerably. I passed that savings on to the customer. Trust me, this is not a high mark up item. But it is the last pair of outputs you will buy in this style.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote