Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Crawling Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My Crawling Rig

This is my first rig in the rc crawling world but im not new to the hobby. Used to race indoor carpet and do the nitro monster truck thing but crawling is by far my favorite.

Heres the setup:
Ax10
Stock everything but the following:
30 degree bent links on the front and rear
solid rear axle conversion
custom cut the beadlocks
running maxamps batter packs on the front axle

Im slowly getting some more things done to it. Looking to get more into the scale side of the crawling hobby with a xtrail conversion or just start off with a scx10.

Some pictures:

The newest body i just finished:

Some pictures of the indoor course i have here at home with a couple buddies crawling too.

Broke parts wall from the course:
CountryChevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChevy15 View Post
Im slowly getting some more things done to it. Looking to get more into the scale side of the crawling hobby with a xtrail conversion or just start off with a scx10.
Lookin' good man! I like that new body!

I had the same dilema as you as far as the xtrail conversion vs SCX. I ended up not doing the conversion, it seemed like a half azz way of making an SCX which will be less capable than what you have now. I am going to buy an SCX as a second rig in the near future. I only fear the SCX isn't going to be capable enough, like for example I feel like the SCX wouldn't be much fun on your little indoor setup there.

Oh by the way, Holy Stickers Batman!
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Going to be having a 330sq ft course outside also. Should be having a dry creakbed and other fullsize obsticles from around the country remade.

I would like to do a scx to do the entire scale thing. Want to do custom bumpers, exo cage, all the other scale accessories that dont look right on the ax10.

Went with all the stickers to give it a sponsored comp crawler look. Have some large sponsor decals on the way for the doors and tailgate.
CountryChevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sounds like your going to have an awesome place to wheel, can I come over?

Really though, what remade fullsize obsticals are you talking about, something like the iconic tubs in Moab like Hell's Revenge for example? That would be the ultimate!
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote