Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: *** vf axial dig ***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default *** vf axial dig ***

Will the vf axial dig work with a mirrored tranny? And is there anything I should know about this unit thanks in advanced
Cmace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
Try to Bend it

Yes it will work with a mirrored tranny, Check the internals for wear and damage. Chances are its a fairly old unit.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 AM   #3
Tossin' Salad

Sorry man...I think highlucks meant that they are intended to work when the transmission is turned around...or "reversed." Digs will not work with a mirrored transmission.

But, I gotta ask...what would be the point of mirroring your transmission and then running a dig? The point to mirroring the transmission is to keep the motor up front and the spur in the back, while getting your driveshafts on the left. Or, you can just turn your skid around and "reverse" the tranny, which will get your spur up front, and your driveshafts on the left.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
Try to Bend it

Sorry dude, monday mornings lead to confusion.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
Croakin' across the pond!

You had me confused for a minute, coz I started putting the DNA dig in the OG Frogger last night. I have my tranny both mirrored and spun around, so the shafts are on the right looking from the rear, and the spur is up front - this gives plenty of room for the dig out back.

With the DNA, the tranny must be at least turned around. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this is the case for most of the digs on the market. The crappy 3Racing one was definitely like this - it's the only other one that I've tried to use - "tried" being the operative word here. The short 3Racing dig shaft looks like it will fit the dna though. I'll post into my build thread as I proceed with this one.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 AM   #6
Tossin' Salad

David, I would recommend to put the tranny back to normal. TT can be more of an issue with the driveshafts on the right.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
Croakin' across the pond!

Interesting. I have virtually no TT at the moment - and have all my shocks in virtually the same state of tune. The back is softer than the front - but that's more down to the inboarding relative to the front - brought about by the Razors. Actually, I'd like to get the front as soft as the rear, but the shocks/links interfere. I'll probably do the shock cap mod for the front and invert them. Be good practice for the shock cap mod needed for the PD!

I'll have a look at reverting though. Only issue I can see is that I've placed all the electronics so that they're friendly with the up front and spur on the left - and that's taken ages to get balanced!

Given your suggestion though, I'll build the PD with the shafts on the left.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote