Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: *** black widow or slingshot chassis ***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default *** black widow or slingshot chassis ***

Ok im looking for a new reasonably priced chassis and I seen these two which one is better pros and cons of both and if anyone knows any others for a good price or wanna sell me one let me know thanks
Cmace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the Slingshot, is a very low cog chassis, I LOVED IT when i was running Axial drivetrain parts, don't have much experience with the black widow.

I have a slingshot for sale in the fs section
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have a blackwidow and love it . It's very narrow well working chassis.(for me) but I'm swapping to a ugc fastback 2 . And making the blackwidow a loaner rig.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I know someone that had a black widow chassis and got to try it out and it was all around a great chassis and I have a good friend that has a slingshot chassis and out of the 2 I would say black widow out performs a slingshot but not by much in my experiance Also has alot to do with how you set up your rig. Hope this helps.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I ran the black widow with traxxas shocks and loved it, but that chassis is even better with rustler front shocks all around, I have no personal experience with the sling shot so can't say anything about that
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Try to Bend it

I still run a Slingshot and it kicks ass, I have never driven a more stable shafty chassis. They occasionally come up in the for sale section, but I doubt you can see that yet. Have you considered a bodiless like the Jonesnrc V2.1 Poison Dart. You can have a similar set up to a slingshot with this one.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input guys I think im going to go with the slingshot the Jonesnrc V2.1 looks good but I don't wanna spend quit so much at the time
Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Both are old technology chassis, but don't let that fool you. They can be made to work well. The Slingshot works really well with shorter shocks. Most people that can't get them to work well are having problems because they're trying to run too long of a shock.

I'm personally using an old Chump 1.0 chassis on my sportsman, and it flat out works...but I'll soon be swapping it out for a T1e Moonbuggy to match my berg MOA.

Honestly, setup makes all the difference with these. Take a good narrow chassis (Slingshot, chump, BW, GC3-A, etc.) and set it up properly, weight it right with the right tire/foam combo and you'll be amazed at the performance.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

i've run a black widow for a few years now and love it...im running axial parts with a vp dig...for a shafty it's a hell of a rig Drail
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #10

i had a lot of luck with my black widow
36dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I ran a Blackwidow chassis for a year. Its was great. Now running a XR10. The motor sits far forward
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

O bought a slingshot from dezrik just be arriving soon thanks for all the in put guys hey sdheavymetal your running a xr10 chassis on a ax10 got any pics