Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: UPgrading steering servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1

Default UPgrading steering servo

THinking of upgrading my stock servo to the hitech 7950. Obviously that alot more torgue on everything like knuckle. What all else would I need to upgrade. I was thinking vp knuckles but not sure which ones.
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Knuckles, carriers, and tie rod need to be upgraded to metal if they haven't been already. You'll also want a bec if you don't have one (they're mandatory once you go above stock), preferably the one from Castle Creations.

Its also a good idea to have a radio with end point adjustments. If you spend a good deal of time with the steering at full lock and the servo still trying to push, it'll burn out eventually.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Im in the process of upgrading to the hitec 7950th also, I also got the castle creations bec already programed at 6.0v I have not started install. Im still searching the best way to wire this up. I have ckrc crawlers knuckles and axle carriers and the axial aluminum steering upgrade kit.
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGB View Post
Im in the process of upgrading to the hitec 7950th also, I also got the castle creations bec already programed at 6.0v I have not started install. Im still searching the best way to wire this up. I have ckrc crawlers knuckles and axle carriers and the axial aluminum steering upgrade kit.
Just plug it into the receiver and pull the red wire from the esc plug. Everything should live happily on 6v.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Just plug it into the receiver and pull the red wire from the esc plug. Everything should live happily on 6v.
What I did with mine. If you are using a programable ESC, but sure to NOT cut the power wire to the ESC plug, just pull it out of the connector. That way if you need to reprogram, you just pop the pin back into the connector.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote