Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Bwd wedge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Bwd wedge

I haven't seen to many of these. So i thought i would share mine.

Most people end with a flex shot but i just finished this body so i wanted to show it off

I managed to get a 7t puller in but i had to redrill the skid, trim the chassis, and cut the motor shaft down some

Yes the front shocks are some cheepo traxxas but they don't leak and seem to work pretty good. I had to make a sort of reccessed spring perch to utilze the full stroke of the shock. They turned out well i just wish they matched better. I have run the rig a few times but the stearing setup is untested we'll see how it works .

VP dig went in easy the servo did not. I used 1/4" square stock to make a mount.

just onother shot of the front end

All in All I'm happy with the way it turned out. It's stable and predictable on rocks. I am going to redo the upper rear links but I tired of wrenching so i'll save that for later.

I thought i would finish up with a family shot. Wife's, son's, and mine

Thanks for looking.

DAve
pigblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Looks good. If you want, PM me your address, and I'll send out some of the small screws to hold the clamps on better, and some of the new nut/spacers for your body mounts, unless you already have them.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hey gunnar thanks for the offer. Those body mounts came with the chassis So im not sure if they are yours or a copy. First time on the rocks I misplaced the nuts for them. I coludn't find any replacements at the hardware store so I ended up making my own. There is one of my homemade ones in the last picture. I had forgot about screwing the mounts in I think I've got some small screws laying around.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #4

Nice builds.....looks like a nice assortment of crawling choices.
mr.trd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

nice work on the dig servo mount..

I ran into the same issue, ended up using spacers to make the chassis wider. It was still really tight.

How do you like the rig?
durrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Bwd wedge

I found where my front end was slipping. The iron cross sheared its nubbins off and was spinning in the locker housing.

I ordered some no slop lockers last night. Once the lockers get here the od/ud sets will go in and the dig will come out. The dig servo finally gave up the ghost. This will give me a reason to check out the transmission that is still running the original gears. I am also going to work on some new upper links.

Peace
DAve
Old 02-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bwd wedge

That'll slow things down a bit. Glad to see you're workin on it. Just an FYI, I'm releasing ti uppers for the ax wedge this week
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote