Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Long time lurker finally posting pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Long time lurker finally posting pics

Figured I should finally post up pics of my beater, so here she is. Lmk what ya think I should do to her next. She crawls great, but still gets 3 wheel motion a bit when crawling. Not exactly sure how to fix it yet.

Specs...
Eclipse chassis
Rooster crawler
Novak fifty five
HS-5645MG servo
Rover white dots
Some other TCS stuff
Lots of home mods, lol
Anyway, on with the pics...

daddy_ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Long time lurker finally posting pics

Outside of the plastic driveshafts I wouldnt change a thing if she aint broke. A set of MIP's will take care of the flexing and driveshaft twisting on you.
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Sounds good. Also, I gotta ask. When I first got this (used) I weighted the front and rear wheels, I am noticing looking around on here that everyone has the front wheels weighted, but not he back. Are the back wheels not supposed to be weighted?

Last edited by daddy_ja; 12-10-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I run weight all around so it drops down as well as climbs up with stability.

I'd swap that rear left spring for one a bit stiffer such as a losi pink or orange rather than just adding preload as you have. That will help keep the chassis balanced.

Narrowing the wheels will het the tires off the links and keep them from rubbing the batteries. My axial wheels like those are less than an inch wide and I'll never go back to them wide.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for he spring advise. As far as the wheels, I have been thinking about a set of VP's.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy_ja View Post
Sounds good. Also, I gotta ask. When I first got this (used) I weighted the front and rear wheels, I am noticing looking around on here that everyone has the front wheels weighted, but not he back. Are the back wheels not supposed to be weighted?
If you're crawling up a vertical face onto a horizontal surface, having a 50/50 bias you run the risk of just teeter-tottering on the corner of the ledge. With a heavy front bias, your front wheels can stay on the rocks and pull your back end over. Too heavy of a rear bias usually results in the (axle) pinion walking up your rear axle's ring gear and you truck tends to go over backward. Even if that doesn't happen, when you crest the ledge, your rear bias pushes the front of your rig up in the air, and you miss out on any traction (or steering) the front could have gotten, (and still run a 50+% chance of going over backwards).

When I ran my stock wheels, I ran a little bit of weight in the rears, and quite a bit of weight in the fronts (as was mentioned before, so the wheels would drop into holes/crevices.) IIRC, I don't think I have any weights in either end with my DNA Thrasher wheels.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have an Eclipse too. I have no weight in the rear of mine, everything is up front. When I first got mine, it weighed 8 lbs. The front two tires were 24 oz a piece, took it all out of the rear and put all of my gear in the front. That made a world of difference!
isyeskeert is offline   Reply With Quote

Long time lurker finally posting pics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long time lurker, first time posting Nvghostrider Axial SCX-10 51 07-02-2013 03:40 PM
Long time lurker, now i'm in! Luther.max Newbie General 7 06-20-2012 11:18 PM
Lurker finally built a 1:6 Hummer tommckay Large Scale Rigs 5 03-07-2012 07:11 PM
New poster, long time lurker Giznad Newbie General 4 09-29-2010 06:26 PM
finally time to post pics spookyseven Traxxas Crawlers 18 11-14-2008 10:12 PM