Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My return to a shafty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My return to a shafty

Well it's been a good couple of years since I owned a sporty. Spent the time I'm between with scalers and micros. Decided to put together another one for the hell of it. Picked up a bwd nightmare in g10 with titanium links and a winnerone23 smash tray for a great deal from Nburns. I immediately tossed it together with some scx10 shocks and v1 axles.
Built Proline big bores are otw
Not sure what axles I want to use as of right now though. I successfully narrowed an ar60 so I may do another and run those since I already have vanquish knuckles and c hubs and lockouts. All I need is unis and od/ud gears and some spools. If I go the v 1 route I need shafts, gears, spools,beeftubes so we'll see. I don't have but one pic at the moment of how it's sitting at the moment. Will be narrowing some white rovers and I haven't decided on wheels yet. Electronics are also needed. This is merely a rough start but I'm definitely excited! I'll post progress pics as I go!

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk
heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My return to a shafty

Well I got some shock for it. As well as a Mamba micro and BEC that have been smashed already

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Great start! I have seen that rig in action with very good results...on that desTroy plate ya may wanna put the elec plate on bottom of servo/batt plate with a 4-6mm spacer to lower a lil but still enough to clear driveshaft
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Great start! I have seen that rig in action with very good results...on that desTroy plate ya may wanna put the elec plate on bottom of servo/batt plate with a 4-6mm spacer to lower a lil but still enough to clear driveshaft
Thanks! I was actually going to try to get the electronics below the plate. I'll be re-doing the smash and I think I can squeeze it under there. If it's too close for comfort I'll be doing just what you recommended! Also got some cheap HPI wheels I'm narrowing for the time being. Fronts are narrowed in the pic. Next is getting xr mod done and getting a servo and motor. Also need to clearance the axle housing for the servo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My return to a shafty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting ready to return... artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 3 05-11-2010 08:15 PM
Return of the Shafty jeepster26104 Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 71 02-10-2008 07:34 PM
Return of the 1/6th crazyforcrawlers General Crawlers 3 12-22-2006 10:20 AM
Mtroniks return Jeepernick Electronics 2 08-20-2006 01:19 AM