Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Battery Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
dlc

Default Battery Mount

I am trying to figure out the best battery location. What would you guys recommend and were is the best place to put it.

From what I have seen it seems that either on the fron 3rd link, axles beside the servos or ontop of the servos?

Also I am going to go ahead and order the battery from cheap battery packs and Mike needs to know the layout and sizes. What do I need to tell him?

Thanks for the help
dlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The way I've got my scorp. set up, I have a 6v receiver pack on the front axle next to the steering servo, the receiver mounted on the top of the chassis up front on one side, ESC is an unknown so far because I don't have it yet. But my battery is going to be mounted on the plate on the back axle using the straps included to mount it to the top plate of the chassis. Even without a motor and speed control in it, a 3s 2100 lipo mounted on the back of my truck still leaves the weight bias slightly to the front. I suspect the motor and speed control will bias it that way slightly more.
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I just designed a saddle pack with 7 - 2/3A's and sent a CAD drawing to Mike today. Since I have the Rooster Crawler ESC and it is only good for 7 cells I'm putting 3 of cells on the left side of the steering servo and 4 cells on the right side of the servo to combat torque twist. Ask Mike for "Eriks' AX10 pack" and you'll get what you need.
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
dlc

I am running a moped ESC. Will the seven cells work or will I need to go with 6?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #5
dlc

CBP did not know what file you were refering to. Can you post a link to the file?