Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: front dig ax10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default front dig ax10

Ok guys front dig on my ax10 lets start w/parts traxxas half shaft (stampeed), ax10 drive yoke, jb weld, maxx shocks spacers,servo, traxxas t-maxx throttle/break linkage, tlt motor plate for servo mount.you guys need to read this http://www.orcrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59 alot of info here. pic will tell it all so here go

In this pic where my linkage pivots off of my upper link mount. I just used a longer bolt & linkage ball end. I did notice flex when I would shift the dig so I added a brace to stiffin of chassis. The brace I used was music wire & 1/8 collars. better pic. of brace below.

servo mount any aulm. plate will work. I used tlt motor plate. Used stock ax10 servo mount as templet to drill holes. find the angle your servo should be at & mark & drill. Screew it to gether. draw around front of servo and cut off the alum. it was in the way.

ok guys hope that will help seems to work ok so far ran two packs so far. I did twist the dig once, other than that I'm happy w/ it when it twisted nothig broke just turned it back in place. in a comp. that would Suck. so if you guy try this cant wait to see how it can be better.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

wow. nice job man. that looks good!
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys scraped out my dig. the dig slider would slip under high tracktion aera when the rear was locked. the fix i think would be to mount the linkage at the bottom of slider not the top like I did. if any one finds better way post up.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys rebuilt the Dig before under high tracktion area w/dig lock it would twist. I think thats because the linkage was mounted to the front of dig not the rear. So any ways heres the new rebuild. Holds up so far under high tracktion (carpet). Dig so far hasent twisted up/over. the link mounted on the rear of dig I think its holding it in place.After more testing to see how durable it is i'll clean it up.(make it pretty)

above 4 wheel .. below locked