Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: yep another ax-10 scorpion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default yep another ax-10 scorpion

well i decided to jump on the bandwagon i just built mine up today, and i have to agree with everybody this is a nice kit. i built mine as a belly dragger i used t-maxx shocks losi white springs, did the washer on the upper links, flipped the rear knuckles for more clearence, losi rock claws with 2.2 racing 2 stage foams 4oz's of bb's on all 4 wheels. it has an old stadium truck body on it now until my bushwacker body comes in, also made my own battery plates to mount on the front axle. just need a motor and battery and will be ready. here are a couple pics.
Attached Images

shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Good looking set up man. Commerce Township Michigan? Any good crawling areas around here?
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #3

looks good..are thsoe trays held on with just one screw? think theyll rotate at all? i know you got the velcro on there.. prolly not.. just curious
nyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

binaryterror yes commerce twp i remember you from racing at dirtburners. we have a few good spots, go to get togethers under michigtan roll call.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

nyxis, there is two screws holding each plate on so i don't think they will rotate.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

i built up my battery pack today worked out really well also recieved my motor and installed it too. i painted up a new comp body today i did a steve kinser quaker state oil theme, came out ok i think, here are a couple pics thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Shrek forgive me if I sound dumb, but aren't those rock claws on backward?
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #8

Hey Shrek, that looks good! I was thinking of making a battery platform like yours (still waiting on electronics, so hypothetically modding before even driving it....). I was looking at the velcro you were using. I was thinking of running the velcro directly under the battery platform, with the screws going through the velcro strap (sandwich the velcro between the top of the axle and the battery platform). Does it look like that would work well?

RPS52
RPS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Some people run there tires backwards as it grabs and wraps around the rocks better . I and other run the front backwards and the rear tires in the direction there designed for.

I also have a question , are you running a plastic pinion?
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

yes the tires are backwards i run all my tires that way they seem to grip the rocks better.
rps52 i don't see a problem running the straps that way you will just have to remove the screw to remove them if you need to.
i have to find a good rear spring setup this thing still has alot of torque twist right now.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

i using the pinion that came with the kit, i bought a losi pinion but it doesn't line up right. i have my torque twist problem solved i used a blue t-maxx spring on the left rear and it works great now. i went out to one of our local comp spots to do some testing and i can't believe how good this rig performs.here are some pics. all were driven into and out of under its own power.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

i did a little more testing today on the rocks in my yard, this rig just keeps getting better the more i drive it. i made it up some rocks that my 2.2 clods couldn't make and only my super could do. this is one sweet ride. just thought i would share with everyone thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

went out crawling today, this rig went every where my friend and his super went with no problems, i think this rig is dialed. rock on this kit is great.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I finished my tuber build yesterday and it climbs great. No problems. I used the stock link position on the tuber and I am very impressed. I also have a 2.2 clod. The AX10 is the new comp rig.
WKKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote