Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: servo install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default servo install

quick question. ..

do you need servo cable extension to hook up to receiver?
jmizoguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

depends on the servo's stock wire..

mine was fine with a hitec 645mg

plenty of wire to spare
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

same here with a Tower-Pro
HauntFreaks.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

a futaba 3305 and futaba 3003 both reach fine, just mount your receiver towards the front of your mounting tray. i only had to run and extender on my wheely king cuz the receiver was in the back.
Power_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thanks guys.

I'm planning to use do rear servo as upgrade later so maybe I will end up finding out that I may need some extension... who knows..

I'm thinking about use JR servo as many people are not using but is there something about JR servo? second choice is hitech
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power_Wagon View Post
a futaba 3305 and futaba 3003 both reach fine, just mount your receiver towards the front of your mounting tray. i only had to run and extender on my wheely king cuz the receiver was in the back.
X2
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Hitech = worse servos EVER. But go ahead buy one and blow it, but they do have good service, but I like good service I rarely need to use.

I use only JR servos in all my RC's now. Currently and probably forever my AX10 has the Z650M in it, heard some odd things about this servo so I might recommend a Z590M instead, but I got mine cheap. Heck you want to make Hitech's look real bad use the 8800's or 9000's. Those servos are so friggin fast and I think they under-rate the torque by quite a bit.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Hitech = worse servos EVER. But go ahead buy one and blow it, but they do have good service, but I like good service I rarely need to use.

I use only JR servos in all my RC's now. Currently and probably forever my AX10 has the Z650M in it, heard some odd things about this servo so I might recommend a Z590M instead, but I got mine cheap. Heck you want to make Hitech's look real bad use the 8800's or 9000's. Those servos are so friggin fast and I think they under-rate the torque by quite a bit.
awesome.. I have Spektrum DX3 I'm going to use and it came with Z590 and planning to use for front right now but when it come so rear setup I was thinking to get JR 650M... I think Speckrum Z590 (same as jr) torque rate is bit low but I think I maybe in right track to use JR servo after all.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Let me qualify my post as it sounds a bit "Flame starting".

I race and have raced Nitro and electric vehicles for some time. Even sponsored by an engine company at one point. I have tried many servos and I am swayed by certain things. Hitec never screwed me, but the failure of their servos did, on race day. Sent it in and it was fixed, great service.

I switched to Futaba...ouch bad lesson, burnt out a servo on throttle duty sent it in and they said it wasn't warranty problem, ever since I've swron them off. It's not they wouldn't perform warranty they would not tell me what or how "I" broke it and wanted $15 to ship it back to me...making money on shipping on a return?

Airtronics was a horrible ride...great servos when they work...but I've had 4 lock up in various positions...high speed run aways and all. Their service is non-existant unless I went through my one local hobby store, and the time to get them back was about 1 month.

Now JR has only failed me once, this includes their Spektrum modules and receivers. It was on a JR650M awhile back, just died. Sent it in, was replaced really quick. They didn't fix it like the others, they sent a brand new unit. Sent many Spektrums in for updates when they first came out, even got the nice service people to express one of mine for a race.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:42 AM   #10
I joined the Band!

my hytek 645mg is fine without one, but placement is the key to whether you will need one.? someone said hytek was junk well he probably drives a dodge,and cant be trusted lol.
colonelangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i am looking for a servo for a AX10 scale project. i dont have a perticularly big buget, but i want a servo that is going to work for a long time! its job is steering! what you guys suggest?
landy-ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Landy-ross: I'm a JR fan from my experiences. For the ultimate go with a JR 8800T or 9000T, tons of torque and very fast. For a more budget minded go with the Z590M or Z650M.

I'll let the others recommend their favs.