Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Punisher shaft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Punisher shaft

I was just wondering if it was possible to cut down this punisher shaft to make it work on the scorpion??

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=625
quads4_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Do a freakin search. RC4WD's owner and main head dude said to wait he is working on them and that his stock pieces do not work.

I still can't figure out how you guys are snapping these things off...
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I also dont understand how people are destroying driveshafts. I popped a yoke once and that was because I refused to admit I was in a bind situation that I couldnt muscle out of....
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Do a freakin search. RC4WD's owner and main head dude said to wait he is working on them and that his stock pieces do not work.

Have another redbull dude.
dr drae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

My set pins are loose but I havent popped a DS yet. The zip ties squeak a bit but they keep it together!
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Default punisher shafts

my driveshafts are fine ,but my son keeps popping his apart at the u joint, its easy to do if you have lots of power. zap straps work ,but a little metal ring works better.since he installed them he has not popped a driveshaft.punishers can be modified ,but all they suppliers are doing there r&d and there should be lots of stuff for ax10"s. SOON Be patient

Last edited by colonelangus; 10-05-2007 at 01:35 PM.
colonelangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Default driveshafts

[quote=binaryterror;871987]Do a freakin search. RC4WD's owner and main head dude said to wait he is working on them and that his stock pieces do not work.
he said the samething to me 2 or 3 weeks ago.he could be blowing wind up our shorts .only time will tell. dont beleive everything people say.there is no reason to doubt rc4wd ,there track record speaks for them.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I have done a "freaking search" just a simple YES OR NO will do. besides most of the post about the shafts are all on the first page.
rc4wd stock pieces are to long. So a little dremmel time and they should fit theorecticly. I was just wondering if some one tried it. If my post bothers you that much then here is a little bit of advice IGNOR IT and go on to a post you can help some one. I am not here to start an argument.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by quads4_life View Post
I was just wondering if it was possible to cut down this punisher shaft to make it work on the scorpion??

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=625
Yes, they can be cut down. I have already. Punisher shaft II, not the first one's. The one's in the link. Just keep in mind that they are not machined all the way down inside the female!

Quote:

As for you. You need not post if it is this kind of crap. Stay out if you can't help!

And, yes....they are snapping off. Probably over 200 guys here have snapped them off or replaced them with something else. Axial has said to use the Traxxas parts to kix the problem!
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'll try and bolt mine on the kids AX-10 tonight and report back to ya!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Hey thanks.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by quads4_life View Post
I have done a "freaking search" just a simple YES OR NO will do.
Look I did a search for you...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...axial+punisher
Driveshaft Upgrade Qs
Opinions on Punisher II shafts?
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Here are the Version II Punisher shafts. These are too long for the Axial, but they have shorter one's. These that I have are the 4.72 to 5.9. These should work just right! However, before ordering....Please measure, because I didn't have time!
http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=624

Here are the photos of them mounted. They fit nice and snug on the tranny and axle output shafts. I did modify my Punisher shafts a little. I ground down the ends a little to make the set screw fit nice to the flats on the outputs from the tranny and axle. If you get the shafts and need more help, I can post pics of what I did.

Hope this helps. I would figure RC4WD is making the correct length shafts. Thus the reason they say to wait a little. If you can't wait, you should be able to make these work!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
RCC Addict

very simple to cut them down like R4L said. Just do it a little at a time, remember you cannot make them longer once they are cut.

Band saw, grinding wheel and wire brush wheel is all I used. Dremel might suffer a bit, but will work (invest in a large pack of cutting discs)

And as for RC4WD making the correct size, wouldn't count on it; I have needed to modify every part i have ever gotten from them- I see it as sort of a challenge, to actually make things from them work.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
very simple to cut them down like R4L said. Just do it a little at a time, remember you cannot make them longer once they are cut.

Band saw, grinding wheel and wire brush wheel is all I used. Dremel might suffer a bit, but will work (invest in a large pack of cutting discs)

And as for RC4WD making the correct size, wouldn't count on it; I have needed to modify every part i have ever gotten from them- I see it as sort of a challenge, to actually make things from them work.
I used my Drill press with a Grinding pad.

I do say that I never had to modify my R2D!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Hey great thanks alot I am going to get some on the way.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:32 AM   #17
I joined the Band!

Default punisher shafts

they make a 90mm to 120 mm its close enough if you do not want to wait
Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
I do say that I never had to modify my R2D!
you didnt? I had to grind a flat spot on the disconnect rod, my lock collar would slip a little after a few uses. I also had to drill half way through the output shafts and tap them for M4 so the set screw would have something a little more to bite into.

Why have a 3mm hole in the output shaft- then release a driveshaft with a 4mm hole? It is a small little detail, but an annoying one none the less.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
you didnt? I had to grind a flat spot on the disconnect rod, my lock collar would slip a little after a few uses. I also had to drill half way through the output shafts and tap them for M4 so the set screw would have something a little more to bite into.

Why have a 3mm hole in the output shaft- then release a driveshaft with a 4mm hole? It is a small little detail, but an annoying one none the less.
Joke!! The one I haven't installed yet!
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I almost like the fact that the shafts keep popping off. There are no (almost none) replacement parts out yet, so something has to give before something breaks. When the shaft pops out, all I have to do is just re-tighten the set screw. Im running mamba max/HH cobalt puller, so I can break something with just a touch of throttle at the wrong moment

I have some 1st gen punisher shafts I was planning on using on my wheely king, but these things suck. There is almost NO articulation in those shafts. I sure hope that RC4WD fixed that problem with their 2nd gen shafts.

Dont get me wrong, RC4WD has been AWESOME to me. I've bought lots(LOTS) of stuff directly from them, and any time I had a problem, they were quick to fix it at their own cost

-Tyler
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote