Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: What about a super?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What about a super?

Anybody give any input about using a Scorpion for a build block as super comp. Would like to build a super with about 14" to 17" wheelbase and might use the Scorpion axels and trans but a TLT could work as well just not sure which would handle the extra work load?
jeepfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It would be real narrow...
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

you may want to wait until the cvds and aluminum parts come out. The stock axles/plstc c's/plstc knuckles wont like super size wheels and power. You'll be breaking parts in no time!
tsaun987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #4

Its probably not a good idea. The transmission, axles, and drivelines will not hold up to the increased weight of the larger wheels and tires. Not to mention being too narrow as stated above. The main chassis would be a good base to start with but your better off using the clod axles.
savaged1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #5

you could use the chassis and trans but not the axels, i would recomend twin force axels. they are bulletproof
jonass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

would the same reasons apply to the use of a set of TLT axles in the build. Some of the parts for the scorpion are becoming available and there price is very good so would like to use as much as posible but if all that would wook is the trans what are some other options. Me and my son are having a blast with this thing and would like to run side by side but dad has to bigger and badder ya know.
jeepfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreek View Post
would the same reasons apply to the use of a set of TLT axles in the build. Some of the parts for the scorpion are becoming available and there price is very good so would like to use as much as posible but if all that would wook is the trans what are some other options. Me and my son are having a blast with this thing and would like to run side by side but dad has to bigger and badder ya know.
your talkin 2.2 axles. If you want to build a super, then look around the site and see what axles people are using for a super. It will take alot of mods to make a 2.2 axle work on a super.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote