Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Anyone experienced this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Anyone experienced this?

IM on my 2nd scorpion build and I either did something wrong or something isnt machined right...
The truck is built but something just doesnt feel right in it...It feels all stiff and such.
When I mounted the shocks on the truck at the top as I was screwing it together, I could see that part of the chassis flexing inwards towards each other....I dont recall my original scorpion being like that.
Then when I went to mount the battery tray, The guide pins and screw holes wouldnt line up, I had to undo the plastic piece where it mounts on the top of the chassis, assemble the battery tray then force it all together and re screw it...
It almost seems as though my skid plate is too wide and my 2 side chassis plates are too long or something.

Ive checked, rechecked and triple checked my assembly and it all appears right according to the directions...
Is anyone elses truck that tight?
Im definately thinking I missed something somewhere but I just cant put my finger on it.
TEAM-JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #2

If you have a dial caliper you can do some quick checking between the two to see what , if anything, is different.
Mofroggy
MOfroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM-JCJ View Post
Is anyone elses truck that tight?
Im definately thinking I missed something somewhere but I just cant put my finger on it.

We don't read well on RCC.... post some pictures and we'll tell you what is wrong, probably.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Got it figured out...Turns out I had the wrong pivot ball thing in the top of the shocks...I had used the plastic ones in the kit rather than the steel ones...I was half asleep I guess during that part of assembly.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM-JCJ View Post
Got it figured out...Turns out I had the wrong pivot ball thing in the top of the shocks...I had used the plastic ones in the kit rather than the steel ones...I was half asleep I guess during that part of assembly.

There are plastic ones? I guess I never saw those. But I only took out the parts called for
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
There are plastic ones? I guess I never saw those. But I only took out the parts called for
Ya I had a set of big bores all set up and mounted on....But was wanting to try something with the stock ones and in my hurry to build them didnt bother with the instructions and just grab the plastic ones I saw...My fault..