Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Ax-10 Ready to Run ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #1

Default Ax-10 Ready to Run ??

Hi there , Im new in town;)

First of all, (sorry for some lack in my english, i'm born with the french language pack )

I'm looking for a medium quality crawler (not a beginer stuff, not competition) just something to have fun & not replacing all part again and again .....

My question the ax-10 can be configure with many électronic part, for a beginer it's easy to make mistake an spend money on the wrong part.

this site offer some ready to run package,
http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...ex&cPath=24_59

Are some package are ok , can i save some money if i buy one of this package ? with one is the best ratio quality/performance/price.

Merci pour vos bon avis (thank's for your good advice);)
SD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

hello there. i know of another place that will do a ready to run package completely assemble for you as well. i'm not sure on price though. the gentleman who owns the shop is very nice. obrienhobbies.com
madmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Buying the "package" deal would be easier...

But building the kit and putting everything together yourself and deciding what you want is the fun part!
ky_18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i will totally agree on that. building the kits are the fun part and there is no better way to know the vehicle inside and out then building it yourself.
madmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #5

as my understanding, the package is only a package, nothing is prebuilt.
the only advantage for me is maybe better cost and no mistake yen you choose the part.

but again beacause i know so little about crawler with kit offer the best ratio part/price ?
SD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Well, it does look like it requires assembly... They also list several different options at different prices. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
I purchased the kit already having the radio gear, servo and esc I would need. Many other people are in the same situation.
I guess what they are selling is just an easier way to get into the hobby.. I would still prefer buying each piece seperate, that way you get exactly what you want, not whatever they provide.
ky_18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 AM   #7

Default Imo

I am new to crawling but not to RC. The first thing I had to do after buying my Futaba Radio (all included), was to get a better servo. Means with higher torque than a standard one. Servo-speed is not so important.
The second upgrade will be an ESC with drag brake. The "standard" MC230 from Futaba is not bad, but has almost no brake power to slown down in critical situations. So I will get a better one. The only thing left from my "all included radio" as you see is the radio only

Sorry, I can not answear your question about the cost/performance ratios. My advice is to buy the electronics separately.
Rakuda is offline   Reply With Quote