Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Mocking up my first Tuber!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Mocking up my first Tuber!

AX-10 axles and tranny, Tuber designed after the fatdog chassis. Not near the good looks of his It was rather challenging learning to braze and design as I went, but it came out better than I had expected. Now I just have to make my lower links, and install electronics!! All you experts, hit me with suggestions foe my setup!!
DWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Very nice! Thats very good work on that tuber for your first tuber. Lets see some more pictures when you get it on the rocks!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Looks good, I would reccomend running droop shocks though, its sitting rather high.
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

It definatley sits to high, gonna need some new shocks! Also going to have to adjust my links to get 12.5" wb, its at 12.25 now. Still have to counter sink the tranny screws, and get finish the hood and right panel...man, I can only drink so many monsters in a day!!
Also trying to find a glitch problem, already moved the wiring twice
Old 12-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

dont forget your vitamins too.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I need help, I can not get rid of the glitch, it will run fine a few minute, I try to climb the couch and it starts going nuts. I have moves the reciever three different places, but no luck. I rerouted the servo wires, esc wires, I don't know what else to look for. Any ideas what to check???
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Well, got most everthing done, except countersinking the tranny screws. I had to change to my trusty ole m11 radio to get rid of the glitch, the am radio just couldn't handle it for some reason?? Here is a lil video that I shot today of me and my son taking the lil tuber on her maiden voyage at the concret factory.
http://media.putfile.com/Khaos-tuber-Crawlin
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I'd personally lower the Tube chassis more like the comp stuff out. Your distance from top of plate to height looks way too tall.

Throw on some 4" shocks too.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
I'd personally lower the Tube chassis more like the comp stuff out. Your distance from top of plate to height looks way too tall.

Throw on some 4" shocks too.
X2...Your rig looks great I would just lower it a bit...
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Rig looks really good. Just lower it some.
juststartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWALL View Post
Well, got most everthing done, except countersinking the tranny screws. I had to change to my trusty ole m11 radio to get rid of the glitch, the am radio just couldn't handle it for some reason?? Here is a lil video that I shot today of me and my son taking the lil tuber on her maiden voyage at the concret factory.
http://media.putfile.com/Khaos-tuber-Crawlin
First, sweet tuber. As others have suggested, throw on some Maxx shocks (Traxxas XXL big bores) and set-up for droop. I'd also go to four link (looks like you're still using the three link set-up). If you can make a tuber, you can fab up your own four-link mounting plates!

As far as the glitch, that's not uncommon with the Mamba Max. What I do is braid the wires of the MM together, and tie them tightly with zip ties. Cleans it up and also helps decrease electrical noise. Also, put caps on your motor if you don't have them already. Third, if you're running it indoors right now, you'll find more glitching. I get all sorts of interference in the house from other electrical devices when running a 27Mhz radio system.

Finally, if all else fails, do as you've already done, switch out radios.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote