Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Another addition to the X-Trail family...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Ok decided to scrap the original interior design, to complicated and ugly. got a simpler set up I think its gonna look good. Here are some MOCK UPS. still needs to be painted, all parts assembled together, and a scale dashboard top made so it looks like the real bronco dash. let me know what you think

the seats sit wayyyy to high, not sure what i should do about that, probably take them to the grinder and make them lower , thats it for tonight
Larson627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default looking good!!

well got pretty much the same set up just a few minor diff. color and tires!! nice rig though ill put some pics of mine !! keep up the good work
infamouse_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #23

Cool... Do you have some clip?

www.shockpricemall.com
mrteelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Cool lookign forward to seeing the pics, post me some or a link to your build and yes I will hopefully have video of it soon I just got the Fly/CrawlCamOne and Im hoping to get some Driver seat Videos soon. Im taking my time with the interior but It should be done by this weekend, I got the interior painted and the parts are all fitting together nice, I'll post pics soon I hope
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #25
I joined the Band!

hey how are those mud slinggers on the rocks.
rockdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

You would have to ask someone that doesnt have snow haha but seriously, I took it out to a dried up stream today that magically didnt have snow on it, more of a trail run than crawling though. Seemed to work really good never lost traction, but it was pretty mild terrain. I love em so far though.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

nice truck, i too adore the bronco bodies, i think im being sold on the xtrail chassis, i didnt know what it was until i started checking them out on here, i like the scaler look rather than crawler look, i dont mind the green either, dont understand why people rag on it so much, plain bare alum. look is so norm. &blah!
rctrucknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

hey nice job on the interior too, i didnt let pic. load but sharp looking, id like to get the xtrail for mine as stated earlier, &go with a 70 ford proline body,
rctrucknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Aww geeze a Chevy Camaro Dash in a Ford Bronco body that is so wrong in many ways. Poor Henry's rolling over right now. LOL... looks really good can't wait to see it done. Is that 3mm Depron or Cell Foam 88 your using?

Jason

Last edited by JAM MaxAmps.com; 02-02-2008 at 08:11 AM.
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Looks cool man. Keep up the good work.
countryboy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #31
Tad
Rock Stacker

Nice love custom work.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps.com View Post
Aww geeze a Chevy Camaro Dash in a Ford Bronco body that is so wrong in many ways. Poor Henry's rolling over right now. LOL... looks really good can't wait to see it done. Is that 3mm Depron or Cell Foam 88 your using?

Jason
Aww Dammit nobody was supposed to know that was a chevy dashboard! haha I found it in the attic and I figured once it was inside It would give it a nice touch without making any one too mad On the other hand, In one of the latest 4 wheel drive mags they did a print on a guy with a built crawling bronco with a chevy engine in it. I think hes got me beat there Anyway yeah it's 3mm depron foam. Saw it at the LHS and the gears started turning in my head. The stuff works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy4life View Post
Looks cool man. Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Nice love custom work.
Thanks guys, glad you like it. I actually finished the interior a while ago, and I forgot to take pictures of the finished product! Ill make sure to post them up soon, all the snow I have has distracted me from my crawler, I need something to do to it to continue the project, any idea?

Last edited by Larson627; 02-27-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Default Springs!!!

Ok well, As much as I have liked the droop set up so far, I have had two problems. One being that it was a hard ride when just cruising around the driveway and so I assumed it would be a problem on the trails come spring. Two, there was a problem with the truck being to tippy because there is no "up travel" in the front shocks, causing the whole truck to tip when I go over any obstacle. To solve this, I left my shocks alone with the droop set up installed, but I added losi springs over the top of them, so now they are a combination (is there a technical term for this?) Basically, the springs are way to short for the shocks, so it sits correctly but now has about a half inch of travel for bumps in the road. I was happy to find that when it flexes, they have no negative effect, once the shock compresses, the droop springs do all of the work and the losi springs just stretch out, so there is no gap between the top of the spring and the "coil bucket" on the shock. I like the look of them, it has a smoother ride, and it seems to stay more level when it flexes. Has anyone else done this? Or are the droop springs now just making it flex worse? I like the combination, but whats the professional opinion?

Heres the pics. Sorry no outdoors, I havent seen dirt or rocks in months :-(

Still looks good too I think

Ride height still seems good to me
Old 02-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

I dig the orange on the springs, and did they just come really springy so they stretched all the way out when the droop took in place? Cause thats what type of springs im looking for on my ax, great looking body btw.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

The springs are 2.5" long at 2.9 spring rate, they are longer than the usual 2" springs sometimes used on this chassis, but very soft. seems to work great though. if you look for losi springs and those specs, they should be the same. Thanks glad you like the body
Old 02-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info, I just checked the springs on the losi site, they look slick.
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

im trying to build mine right now.
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

hey how do you got your body mounted
SaVaGe MaN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

why not fab up some simple whell wels? You have the skill and iy would make the body look alot more realistic!!
nitromtcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcFanatic92 View Post
Thanks for the info, I just checked the springs on the losi site, they look slick.
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
im trying to build mine right now.
Good luck with it, is it another x trail or a stock ax10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaVaGe MaN SS View Post
hey how do you got your body mounted
ive got bolts through the front and rear bumpers into the body, The bumpers being tight enough to the body makes that strong enough that I can pick it up by the roof rack no problem. (And its stupidly heavy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromtcrawler View Post
why not fab up some simple whell wels? You have the skill and iy would make the body look alot more realistic!!
Thats a good idea, I started to make them on the interior I made but I havent finished yet. I might do something separate though, The interior is proving to not be terribly durable, and I dont want to baby the thing to protect it. I think I need to rework the interior once again so that its not all one peice. I'll have to start seeing what I can do with it for wheel wells, thanks for the idea and the compliments!