Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: deadbolt is discontued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default deadbolt is discontued

The ax10 deadbolt is discontinued. It's not looking like their going to replace it. It is kind of sad the ax10 may be gone for good but not forgotten. It wasn't a great rig but, it was something to build off of just like the prior generation.
Axial Racing - legacy
Axial Racing - AX10
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: deadbolt is discontued

Things are a changin' over there at Axial, Let's all sit back and see where this ride takes us eh'
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

From a strictly consumers point of view. I see axial pushing towards "go fast" crowd these days. Just look at their last 2 releases. Yeti trophy truck, and Bomber. Nothing wrong with it, just not my style. It's a shame the ax10 line is getting the ax though. I recently started building a rig based of an scx10 platform. IMHO the the scx10 is a pile compared to my AX10. Everything on it seams much weaker, and the servo interference with the chassis is horrible. Anyway, I guess the real reason the AX10 is getting dropped is due to sales. There just isn't much talk about them, and most people I run i to have never heard of it. It really is a shame. I think it was one of the best performing out of the box crawlers out there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It was my first purchase, and it was definitely great out of the box, but I stripped it down and used the axles elsewhere. However, I kept the stock tvp chassis, just in case I ever wanted to go back.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

As long as the aftermarket still supports ar60 axles and the scx 10 (OG ax10) trans I don't see an issue with axial killing off rigs that don't sell so well.

I agree with Whaitwhatsthat about the scx 10 completely. They suck stock and fully decked with all the aftermarket gear they suck just a bit less. The axles are garbage and the frame rails are only useful if you're building a tall rig or run it droop only since the frame is in the way. There again, the aftermarket does the frame better but the axles are still garbage.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I like my SCX-10
better tho' when not stock

but an AX10 meh
and is likely why it's been discontinued.

I'd rather buy/own a Wraith then the AX10
TacoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:26 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Hi Folks, My 1st ( and only Rig so far) is a Ridgecrest, I loved it But I Love it ALOT more since I did a Wroncho build with it ( maybe a Ridgecho ) I do really like the AR60's ( thats what lead me to buy my 2nd gen AX10 to begin with, now another BUT, here in Germany most of the comps are for Rigs that are narrower track soooo maybe a SCX or an MST is comming in the future!!
Phatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Im putting my AX10 back together today. I thought turning it into a second Wraith would be cool but now that it is I don't drive it.... live and learn
Orange peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:19 PM   #9

I am thinking about buying the ax10 Deadbolt or the Losi night crawler as my first crawler. Does anyone think its a bad idea to buy a discounted truck? Im looking for more of a dedicated rock crawler, not a trail truck. Which performs slow rock crawling better? I dont mean to steal this thread or change the topic, but didnt wanna start a new thread about the ax10 being discintinued. Thanks.
zigro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitwhatsthat? View Post
From a strictly consumers point of view. I see axial pushing towards "go fast" crowd these days.
Yeah, i was disappointed to see this get discontinued. Now this is gone and the xr10 as well it seems like axial has very little interest in true dedicated Rock crawlers. Seems like they will be targeting trail trucks and rock racers from now on.
zigro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigro View Post
Yeah, i was disappointed to see this get discontinued. Now this is gone and the xr10 as well it seems like axial has very little interest in true dedicated Rock crawlers. Seems like they will be targeting trail trucks and rock racers from now on.
Rtr rigs suck at crawling as do box stock kit builds. Nothing has changed, if you want to build a rock crawler that performs you'll have to source parts from many manufacturers. It's always been that way.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigro View Post
I am thinking about buying the ax10 Deadbolt or the Losi night crawler as my first crawler. Does anyone think its a bad idea to buy a discounted truck? Im looking for more of a dedicated rock crawler, not a trail truck. Which performs slow rock crawling better? I dont mean to steal this thread or change the topic, but didnt wanna start a new thread about the ax10 being discintinued. Thanks.
This is a tough one to answer. The AX10 Deadbolt has a lot of aftermarket support, and the tranny and axles are still being used in current products. I personally have this love hate thing going on with the AR60 axles. They have great steering angle, look good, hold up well, but the are to wide. Yes you can narrow down AR60 axles or widen AX10 V1 axles.

The LNC on the other hand does not have a lot of aftermarket support, but it almost does not need it. The LNC out of the box is slow!!! On my LNC I run a Tekin RS esc and 13.5 brushless motor on a 3 cell, and the wheel speed is pretty good. What the LNC really needs for after market parts is the 20 deg chubs and HD worms in the front axle. The 20 deg chubs are getting harder to find, but with the release of the LNC 2 the HD gears are back. Blue Monky makes Ti steering and links, DLux makes Ti links, HR just released a batch of metal tranny gears.

If I want to bash, I used the AX10 Ridgecrest, and if I go to a comp I take my Losi.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCrawler View Post
I like my SCX-10
better tho' when not stock

but an AX10 meh
and is likely why it's been discontinued.

I'd rather buy/own a Wraith then the AX10
Sorry taco, but I can go almost anywhere and most times further than a lot of the wraiths in our club of 15 members.... my ax10 deadbolt is mainly stock, and my main competition is a bomber, which makes for an awesome trail/crawling rig... imo but the trepador tires that come on rtr, are worthless unless on jagged, or broken rocks.
montanahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanahemi View Post
Sorry taco, but I can go almost anywhere and most times further than a lot of the wraiths in our club of 15 members.... my ax10 deadbolt is mainly stock, and my main competition is a bomber, which makes for an awesome trail/crawling rig... imo but the trepador tires that come on rtr, are worthless unless on jagged, or broken rocks.
Hey montanahemi, Glad to see you out on the rocks and having fun! Are you still rocking your MRC?
Ernie,

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-22-2016 at 06:42 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 PM   #15

Hay there codyboy!! Yes, I do, but it's a bit different now.... I got tired of replacing tranny gears, so one day at my workbench (glorified kitchen table) my mrcpro and my 1/16 slash were sitting next to each other, and I knew that transmission in the slash was bulletproof, because I had a 1/10 castle brushless SC edition in it... so I bought a bunch of brass, and built my crawler around the traxxas trans... don't know how to post pics on here to show ya tho... how've you been?
montanahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Hope it gets re released as a Monster truck!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:58 AM   #17
RCC Addict

That's what I think is gonna happen ^^^ I think the MT is going to be atleast based off of the AX10
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #18

This is a shame. The Deadbolt was a steal when it first came out.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #19
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is a shame. The Deadbolt was a steal when it first came out.
I agree and when I first read the title to this thread, my brain read it as "Deadbolt Discounted". I thought I'd grab one for the hell of it.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #20
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Hope it gets re released as a Monster truck!
Some one knew the future
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote

deadbolt is discontued - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Deadbolt rockpunisher Axial AX10 2nd-gen 9 04-15-2016 10:32 PM
My DeadBolt sled Axial SCX-10 6 01-04-2016 12:10 PM
My New DeadBolt sled Axial SCX-10 4 12-27-2015 02:03 PM
AX10 deadbolt body on SCX10 deadbolt BrianP Axial SCX-10 3 11-08-2015 04:51 PM