Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: newbie Ridgecrest questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

Default newbie Ridgecrest questions

Hi all,
1) I bought a used Ridgecrest and took the driveshafts off the trans to change motors. The issue I'm having now is the screw that goes through the coupler to attach the driveshaft to the transmission just threads all the way through. It doesn't tighten up. It doesn't matter which side of the coupler I put the screw in, it will thread through and not tighten. The threads on both the screw and coupler look good.

What causes the screw to get tight? Are the threads supposed to butt up against the transmission output shaft?They tighten up fine where the shafts attach to the diffs.

2) The local hobby store had a set of RC4WD steering links. I put them on and found the poor design. I have to mount the tie rod under the knuckle to get clearance inside the wheel for 2 rod ends. The other problem is that without the shorter draglink attaching to the tie rod (as the stock design does), the tie rod flops down really low and interferes with obstacles. I'll try to readjust the rod ends to see if I can keep it from flopping down. Right now I used a zip tie to loosely attach the tie rod to the drag link and that works fine but isn't right.

Thanks.
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: newbie Ridgecrest questions

Just use some loc-tite on the driveshaft set screws and thread them in until they are flush. They're not going to back out with loc-tite on them.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #3

Default Re: newbie Ridgecrest questions

I used some blue Loc-Tite and she's holding well for quite a while now. Hopefully the wrench doesn't round out the inside of the head when I need to take it off.
davet is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie Ridgecrest questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Ridgecrest questions Nate.jager1993 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 10-07-2015 03:19 AM
Newbie with some questions evillee Newbie General 3 07-16-2015 01:13 AM
Picked up a used ridgecrest (newbie) chefclancy Axial AX10 2nd-gen 0 03-10-2013 02:41 PM
Just picked up a Ridgecrest and have a few questions. chefclancy Axial AX10 2nd-gen 0 03-09-2013 07:26 PM
Picked up a used Ridgecrest and have a few questions. chefclancy Axial AX10 2nd-gen 0 03-09-2013 07:10 PM