Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Vanquish axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Vanquish axles

Anyone else try the new vanquish capra axles? I’m finding that i lost a bit of the little bit of torque twist i had and slightly improved climbing over my old setup. Seem to be pretty good so far. Plus of course the tighter turning
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2020, 11:08 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
Anyone else try the new vanquish capra axles? I’m finding that i lost a bit of the little bit of torque twist i had and slightly improved climbing over my old setup. Seem to be pretty good so far. Plus of course the tighter turning
I've been thinking about them for my 3rd Capra (U4) build, but haven't yet decided. It's between the Vanquish & Supershafty Capra axles. I6f really like to see a side-by-side comparison of the two. If I recall correctly (and, please, correct me if I'm wrong), one nice thing about the Vanquish axles is that they can use the same portal weights that for the stock plastic axles. I did, however, use Vanquish AR44 Currie F9 axles for SCX10 w/ SSD portals on my 2nd (Class 3) Capra.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I’m have vitavon brass and they work with them
Old 04-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
Wwk

Quote:
What knuckles do you use with it?
Wwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I've been thinking about them for my 3rd Capra (U4) build, but haven't yet decided. It's between the Vanquish & Supershafty Capra axles. I6f really like to see a side-by-side comparison of the two. If I recall correctly (and, please, correct me if I'm wrong), one nice thing about the Vanquish axles is that they can use the same portal weights that for the stock plastic axles. I did, however, use Vanquish AR44 Currie F9 axles for SCX10 w/ SSD portals on my 2nd (Class 3) Capra.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

If you get the super shafty knuckles they will not fit other brass weights they are a different shape. I just bought the aluminum knuckles and the fit and finish is top notch. Not sure if you used the stock knuckles if the brass weights would clear. You can message them through fb messenger, they are pretty responsive. It’s been rumored that vanquish will come out with their own knuckles as well. Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. The only thing that will suffer will be your wallet for either option.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
If you get the super shafty knuckles they will not fit other brass weights they are a different shape.
That's why I said a 'plus' for the Vanquish version was that they can use the portal weights for the stock axles.

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwk View Post
What knuckles do you use with it?
Currently using stock with the vitavon covers and 2.2 beef pattys in my 2.2 lockedup wheels. I figure i have enough weight and the stock should add a bit of flex to things
Old 04-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #8

Less torque twist is expected especially with the adjustable links. But they increased steering as well? How much more steering are they claiming?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Less torque twist is expected especially with the adjustable links. But they increased steering as well? How much more steering are they claiming?
Their site says over 50. With the vitavon covers they become stops also. It turns about 4or5” smaller circle than stock axle
Old 04-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Their site says over 50. With the vitavon covers they become stops also. It turns about 4or5” smaller circle than stock axle
That's awesome!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:44 AM   #11

I just got the both Vanquish and Supershafty Capra front portals for a rear steer rig.

I got the Vanquish for the offset diff on the front. I am now selling that one and purchasing the Supershafty front after having the 2 side by side. I like that the SS are bushed for the knuckle pivots, the Vanquish you can only use the stock shoulder bolts, also the knuckle binds on the Vanquish but that could be the close tolerance of the SS knuckle. Can not use brass Vivaton third on on either. SS knuckles are proprietary but the brass ones are plenty heavy enough by themselves.

I have always loved the Vanquish products, and still do (still rocking Rock Jocks in my Dingo) but SS really stepped up the game, I just don't want to have to mod the V axle to get it up to snuff. Also during this project found that you can not use Vanquish Method 2.2 wheels on the portal axles (inner beadlock ring hits the portal housing), so new set of wheels coming up also.
CbIdrive is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish Currie F9? Vanquish Jockrocks? SSD Diamond Axles? 701scaler 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 01-04-2016 09:39 PM
Vanquish Currie F9? Vanquish Jockrocks? SSD Diamond Axles? 701scaler General Crawlers 6 01-04-2016 10:06 AM