Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: What's black and white and red all over?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What's black and white and red all over?

I went with something simple with the Axial logo in the center. The paint needs work, but I think I'll stick with this.

GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

The truck looks great.

I wish we had rocks like that down here on the coast!
7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I did the Vitavon brass portal weights at all 4 corners. They fit well, but the bearings were nearly impossible to install. It'll take a chisel to remove them at this point. There's also plenty of room with the Chanquish wheels I'm running now.

I went back to a 16T motor instead of the 20T now that I'm running a 9T pinion. I'll see how it does tomorrow.

Here's some of that wonderful Chinese hardware that I have come to know and love.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I did the Vitavon brass portal weights at all 4 corners. They fit well, but the bearings were nearly impossible to install. It'll take a chisel to remove them at this point. There's also plenty of room with the Chanquish wheels I'm running now.

I went back to a 16T motor instead of the 20T now that I'm running a 9T pinion. I'll see how it does tomorrow.

Here's some of that wonderful Chinese hardware that I have come to know and love.

Looks good! You going to swap to a SS screw kit?
Diablo169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I did the Vitavon brass portal weights at all 4 corners. They fit well, but the bearings were nearly impossible to install. It'll take a chisel to remove them at this point.
Weird...my bearings went in without any problem. They slid in as smooth as butter, and fit like a glove. The small one might be slightly difficult to remove, but only because there's no hole on the opposite side to push it out, but the large bearing was quite simple to remove...after which I put it right back in.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Weird...my bearings went in without any problem. They slid in as smooth as butter, and fit like a glove. The small one might be slightly difficult to remove, but only because there's no hole on the opposite side to push it out, but the large bearing was quite simple to remove...after which I put it right back in.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Quality control seems to be lacking.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

While see, when I go to build the machined transmission.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

The bearings fir OK in the transmission. Although after it shipped I got a message that there was a problem with one of the pieces and another center piece showed up later.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The bearings fir OK in the transmission. Although after it shipped I got a message that there was a problem with one of the pieces and another center piece showed up later.
I wasn't referring to the bearings in the transmission housing...I was actually referring to the transmission housing, as a whole. As for the "replacement piece" you referred to, I received the same message, and the sale replacement motor mount piece. In my case, they all arrived on the same day. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to disassemble the Capra enough to redo the transmission...yet...partly because of work, and partly because I'm also building a Trail King Pro (got the axles built today, while clients were in a 90min meeting).

Last edited by Panther6834; 12-05-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #30
RCC Addict

As one "dawg" to another, great looking rig! After seeing some builds here it's going to be tough not to dump a ton of money into this thing. Still building mine and taking time to look at upgrades along the way. A lot of people are adding front weight and modifying shocks for a lower ride height. What are your thoughts after driving it?
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I did the knuckle weights at all 4 corners. It really sticks to the ground well now. I haven't modified the shocks in any way and don't see any reason to. I am running the soft springs front and rear and the lower links are all parallel to the ground.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I only put them on the front, I'll be interested in what you think of running the weights on all four corners.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I'm still in the building/ordering parts phase, but I do have 2 sets of Vitavon weights coming so I'll be able to experiment a little. I decided on using some Dravtech shocks I had on hand (medium front/ firm rear springs). Also ordered are the OD gears and rear link riser from Super Shafty. Until then, I'll be following all the great builds here on RCC.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote

What's black and white and red all over? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red,white,and black receiver wires. toyotatrucks83 Electronics 10 01-14-2012 11:38 AM
Red & white & black roksloski Paint and Body 11 05-25-2010 11:38 AM
Bug paint ideals with, Red, Black, Silver, or White OfnaJoe Paint and Body 6 01-03-2010 05:50 AM
Red, White and Blue! caci623 Vendors Paint and Body 0 10-23-2009 01:49 PM
Red, white, and black on a servo sierradmax Electronics 2 02-15-2008 04:05 PM