Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Axle housings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #1

Default Axle housings

I have a Capra and a custom built tube buggy that I built on Capra axles... today I ended up breaking my front axle housing and knuckle on my buggy so I’m looking at replacing it with an aluminum setup. I’m looking at either super shafty or Treal housings, the Treal being cheaper but I don’t want it coming apart again. Anyone have any experience with either one? I am a fan of super shafty stuff. My buggy is on 2.2’s, brushless and pretty heavy so I seen it coming.
Jascap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axle housings

Though mine hasn't failed yet, I've been keeping an eye out for a lower priced option for an aluminum front axle housing for my own Capra and I came across this guy a few weeks ago: https://www.rcmart.com/xtra-speed-al...x0011-00100946 I know it's not one of the ones you mentioned, but I only brought that one up because I do have Xtra Speed AR44 and AR60 housings and they've withstood years of abuse without issue, it would be great if the Capra version is as durable.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Though mine hasn't failed yet, I've been keeping an eye out for a lower priced option for an aluminum front axle housing for my own Capra and I came across this guy a few weeks ago: https://www.rcmart.com/xtra-speed-al...x0011-00100946 I know it's not one of the ones you mentioned, but I only brought that one up because I do have Xtra Speed AR44 and AR60 housings and they've withstood years of abuse without issue, it would be great if the Capra version is as durable.
Thank you for the reply! I have read into the xtra speeds and the kyx housing, from my findings they are ok with lighter 1.9 rigs but I have even seen breakage on those as well. I went ahead and ordered a Treal housing and brass knuckles since it’s going on a heavy 2.2 buggy with a brushless setup on it.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Anyone else have experience with aftermarket metal housings? It seems the front plastic housing is more prone the breakage than the rear. I was only planning on upgrading the front housing, unless people have been breaking the rears?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I went to the VP Capra axles. Never a doubt on the quality. Plus you get that extra steering right out the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xxlostonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

My vote goes to Super Shafty. I've never been impressed with Treal, they're just a cheap Chinese brand IMO.
NeoPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPyro View Post
My vote goes to Super Shafty. I've never been impressed with Treal, they're just a cheap Chinese brand IMO.
I’m super impressed with the new billet Treal Capra axle housings, very similar to the super shafty housings.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Why not get the Vanquish capra front axle? Its got offset front diff and looks more scale.
josh9mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

How is the bearing fitment in the Vanquish Capra housing? I ask because I had to sleeve the pinion bearings with pieces of plastic bag in my Vanquish ar60 housing to make a decent fit. The bearings literally wiggle in their bores. This makes me leery of giving vanquish any more of my money.

I'm considering the Viviton housings. Anyone have real world experience with those?

Are the Treal housings available with aluminum c-hubs? I dont desire the extra weight of brass.

I'm willing to spend the dough on the "nicer" housings, but if a budget version works just as well I'd prefer that.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Axle housings - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VP axle housings Quartermaster Axial Wraith 3 12-20-2011 06:51 PM
Axle Housings TC09mini Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 09-25-2011 08:54 PM