Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Anyone with ar60

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #1

Default Anyone with ar60

Anyone here put ar60s with trailing arms from a bomber under your capra? If so what skid did you use? Tia
Yotawheeler253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2020, 10:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone with ar60

I would be completely amazed if anyone has done that. The Capra is a dedicated crawler chassis and what mashups that have been down me was after the axles were donored to something else and alternative axles made use of the chassis.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:00 PM   #3

I have seen a few on the capra fb page but I know not everyone is on facebook so figured I'd ask here. The portals do really good under the scx10 chassis. I'm thinking about building by a rock bouncer with my capra.
Yotawheeler253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotawheeler253 View Post
I have seen a few on the capra fb page but I know not everyone is on facebook so figured I'd ask here. The portals do really good under the scx10 chassis. I'm thinking about building by a rock bouncer with my capra.

There are some Capra chassis with scx10 axles. One with OG axles and a couple with ar44 axles. They claim they do really well but not as crawly as the portals. You could likely build better/stronger ar44 axles than ar60 for a rock bouncer.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #5
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I have a Capra I used the portals from it for a shafty. The leftover "body" and chassis got a set of 60s. I used the stock shocks and links. Other than having to put angled rod ends on the lower end of the shock it was real simple. The shocks mounts are wide on a 60. I also swapped in an Scx 10 transmission for better ratios. The 60s were leftovers from a Bomber build I did. (I put in all aluminum axles) They already had all the VP parts and O/D, U/D gearing. It has a BXR esc, Savox Black series monster servo and currently I am running a 16 turn HH. I put a set of Bully 2.2 carbon fiber wheels on with PitBull Rock Beast tires. The tires look huge on this rig. The only real issues I ran in to were drive shafts. Wild boar 8s are too big around and hit the links. I wound up having to buy a set. They were Junfac for a TRX4 I believe.
It crawls very nice with low enough gearing to creep, but also has a decent top end. My grandkids love to go out with me and they drive (beat the #&!! out of) it all day. It takes a beating and still performs great. The body panels are toast now. It is a bit wide for my taste so I put the smallest shift hubs I had in it and that helped a little. But it was a great project and I am happy with it. It was mostly a Frankenstein rig that worked out great. Not sure I would call it a Rock Bouncer it has too short of a wheel base.

Last edited by Hal; 12-02-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #6
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I was just thinking, I still have a set of the stock rear swingarms from my Bomber build. They have the Axial aluminum stiffeners on the sides of them. They got replaced with aftermarket swingarms. I may have to see if my grandkids are interested in putting them under the Capra. It sounds like a good winter project. I also have a pair of KOH swingarms I may try too to see if one is easier swapping in.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote