Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Bodies that fit a capra?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Bodies that fit a capra?

I was thinking about putting a body on my capra. I've seen a couple half cabs, and another with panels. Are there any bodies narrow enough to fit the cage of the capra? Just curious if anybody has any other thought.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Afterbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
JMo

Default Re: Bodies that fit a capra?

You're going to have to get creative if you want a traditional 1:10 body to fit around such a narrow cage - although chopping the centre out of a hard-body and gluing the two halves back together ought to be reasonably straight forward...

There was an excellent example of this recently on the 'RC Toyota's Only' Facebook page - a member there chopped a HiLux (RC4WD Mojave) body down the centre - rejoined the the narrowed roof and removed/reshaped the hood portion to fit the Capra cage mounts so you can still access the battery compartment.

Not sure if this link will work, but you could go to that page and scroll back a few days - it was posted on Dec 16th 2021.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...71726633020772

The RC4WD/Tamiya HiLux shell is particularly well proportioned for the Capra cage I felt - fitting nicely around the the front arches and rear cage hoop.

Something to consider?
JMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:10 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ha, that's exactly the body I was looking at. I'd probably just do the can part and after more research, I think making parts of the body fit the chassis, instead of a whole can might be easier. That link didn't work, was it the whole cab on the truck? I don't have Facebook so I kinda at a loss there.

Old 12-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #4
JMo

Yes, unfortunately those Facebook links only work if you actually have a Facebook account (or access to a Facebook account) - a necessary evil in this day and age it seems...

But yes, essentially they had just utilised the cab portion, cut the hood out and cut down the middle of the roof and removed a portion, then glued the roof back together so the overall body was narrow enough to fit closely to the cage on either side - the Hilux is surprisingly close to the overall silhouette in that regard (although personally I’d have chopped the roof pillars down a touch too to lower the roof closer to the cage).

They then cut the hood portion to fit in the Capra pattern, and heated/bent it in the middle to follow the angle of the cage sides.

I trust you can picture that? - in fact it’s something I might well experiment with myself in future as the result was very good!
JMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Yes, unfortunately those Facebook links only work if you actually have a Facebook account (or access to a Facebook account) - a necessary evil in this day and age it seems...

But yes, essentially they had just utilised the cab portion, cut the hood out and cut down the middle of the roof and removed a portion, then glued the roof back together so the overall body was narrow enough to fit closely to the cage on either side - the Hilux is surprisingly close to the overall silhouette in that regard (although personally I’d have chopped the roof pillars down a touch too to lower the roof closer to the cage).

They then cut the hood portion to fit in the Capra pattern, and heated/bent it in the middle to follow the angle of the cage sides.

I trust you can picture that? - in fact it’s something I might well experiment with myself in future as the result was very good!
That was a pretty good explanation of what I pictured in my head. I think I'm gonna buy another cliffhanger body and try that. I bought one for my nephew but it seems like the contours are pretty close, with the exception of the width. Well see.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:00 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

So I cut up the cliffhanger body and it fits pretty good. It's my first try, there's some things I'd change, if I do it again. I've just got the sides mocked up. I'm gonna cut the hood to match the capra hood.

Bodies that fit a capra? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aluminum bodies for your Bomber and Capra, others to come. MAC FAB Vendors Paint and Body 24 07-29-2020 03:33 PM
What would these bodies fit? poomwah General Scale Talk 8 10-13-2015 12:34 PM
Which Bodies Fit? UPS Gregg Axial SCX-10 16 07-07-2012 01:07 PM
will these bodies fit my wk? 7h3 HoRsE Newbie General 8 07-11-2008 11:26 PM