Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Dlux utb18

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2023, 11:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dlux utb18

Picked up a slider and got my Dlux order placed. Just built it. Greased all the gears. Steel TGH trans gears. Has Treal OD gears up front and TGH stock machined gears in the rear. Treal axle housings.

Just sharing some pics. Any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk
xxlostonexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dlux utb18

That thing is going to be a killer on the rocks! Great build and can’t wait to hear about the performance.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 01:15 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Very Cool! I've had my eye one these so I'm interested to hear how it does.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I didn't like the rear drive shaft angle. it just didn't look right to me so I went back to the stock skid. I will see how it does over the weekend.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That does look like a pretty steep angle in the rear. Some angled skids use an angled shim to get the transmission to level out.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 03:50 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlostonexx View Post
I didn't like the rear drive shaft angle. it just didn't look right to me so I went back to the stock skid. I will see how it does over the weekend.
Assuming by the pics you’re running a Holmes 380 Revolver? What esc are you planning on using? Still deciding if I want to go with a Holmes 380 Revolver/Crawlmaster Mini V2 or the Furitek system. Mine is nowhere near as modded and I’m likely not going to push it to its limits very often. I did pick up some Zee 650mah 100c 3s packs that are just a wee bit smaller that the rtr 2s battery so won’t be needing to modify the stock battery tray. Btw, loving the tire choice! I almost went with those but got the class 1 3.93 JConcepts Tusks. Just waiting to order the TGH trans gears, motor/esc, and servo.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:23 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Assuming by the pics you’re running a Holmes 380 Revolver? What esc are you planning on using? Still deciding if I want to go with a Holmes 380 Revolver/Crawlmaster Mini V2 or the Furitek system. Mine is nowhere near as modded and I’m likely not going to push it to its limits very often. I did pick up some Zee 650mah 100c 3s packs that are just a wee bit smaller that the rtr 2s battery so won’t be needing to modify the stock battery tray. Btw, loving the tire choice! I almost went with those but got the class 1 3.93 JConcepts Tusks. Just waiting to order the TGH trans gears, motor/esc, and servo.
I am going to run a CC Mamba micro 2. I have some 3 cell 450 I am going to run. I need to print a battery mount somewhere. I might ditch the cab and run a body. I have a bug body I am going to paint up this weekend.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:56 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlostonexx View Post
I am going to run a CC Mamba micro 2. I have some 3 cell 450 I am going to run. I need to print a battery mount somewhere. I might ditch the cab and run a body. I have a bug body I am going to paint up this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Dlux utb18 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/18 utb18 capra 4wd 2471:24 Micro Scale Rigs 2 10-31-2022 06:21 AM