Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Duuuuuuuudes Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #21
Suck it up!

Default Re: Duuuuuuuudes Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Hey Duuuude, I copied your idea on modifying the front shock/link mount, awesome idea btw! I also installed the shorter rod end (comes in the package) and gained another 3/16" food for thought if you haven't already done it, I couldn't tell from the pic.
I'm hoping to get new links made this weekend.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #22
Suck it up!

Decided to go ahead and replace all of the electronics. The stock 35t just wasn't doing it for me on a rig like this.

Traxxas ET3s esc
Tacon 2200kv 4 pole (non-sensored)
Castle bec
Hitec HS7954SH

I was a little concerned about speed with the UD gears all around, but it turned out to be a non-issue. Lots of rip, speed decent enough to catch some air, and decent enough crawlability. I may go with a HH Puller Pro in a similar kv to gain some low end control.

Torque twist is greatly reduced with the gears and sway bar (using the lightest spring). Put the hammer down from a dead stop on asphalt and it'll pick one tire up an inch or so before it goes into full wheely mode.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Have you hacked your ET3S into being a full MMP?
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #24
Suck it up!

No, I haven't had the need. Unless there is a hack to make the wires longer...
Old 12-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #25
Suck it up!

I've been thinking long and hard about what DCW might bring to the Bomber party. With so many vendors it's hard to find a niche that hasn't been run through already, but I have a few things in mind that I haven't seen yet. There were also a couple of items I had on my Wraith that never saw production and that I've kept more or less secret, and I'll be revisiting those as well.

I'll be shutting down through the holidays so I can dedicate serious time to developing some stuff. It's been a while since I've had the chance to do that, so I'm excited.

In the mean time, progress.

Universals - in
New upper links - fabbed and in
Dual Stage shock pistons - in
COG - found
Geometry - inspected

I'm really a big fan of the dual stage pistons. I set them up last night with 40wt in the rear and 30wt in the front. Tonight I'll dump all that out and go 30/25. Overall it was quite a bit more stable at speed, but just a bit harsh.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Slow compression on front and back?
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:50 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I've been thinking long and hard about what DCW might bring to the Bomber party. With so many vendors it's hard to find a niche that hasn't been run through already, but I have a few things in mind that I haven't seen yet. There were also a couple of items I had on my Wraith that never saw production and that I've kept more or less secret, and I'll be revisiting those as well.

I'll be shutting down through the holidays so I can dedicate serious time to developing some stuff. It's been a while since I've had the chance to do that, so I'm excited.

Universals - in
COG - found
Geometry - inspected

I'm really a big fan of the dual stage pistons. I set them up last night with 40wt in the rear and 30wt in the front. Tonight I'll dump all that out and go 30/25. Overall it was quite a bit more stable at speed, but just a bit harsh.
I installed dual stage pistons in my shocks too, makes a pretty big difference. Right now I have 15wt fluid out back and 10wt up front. Front fluid could be lighter and the rear could be a smidge stiffer. I'll know how it performs a little better once I get my rear sway bar in today but the rear drops out quick and soaks up bumps nicely. It is a little bouncy out back though so I think thicker fluid or lighter springs with more preload would make it work better. I can't seem to get the front to drop out quick enough so I might put some 5wt Fox shock fluid in
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Slow compression on front and back?
This is how you'd setup a full size rig. Heavy on compression, light on rebound. Problem is the Bomber is so light, its tough to tune.
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #29
Suck it up!

The light weight does make tuning problematic, but it's still an improvement over stock.

I first ran dual stage a few years ago in my sc truck...made a huge difference, even before I got the fluid right.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

Universals - in
COG - found
Geometry - inspected

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Pic of rear wheels with your brake rotors?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Pic of rear wheels with your brake rotors?
X2 either way i need a set Duuuuude!!!
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #32
Suck it up!

Sad to say that rotors wont be available for a while yet.

Duuuuuuuudes Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tedo's Bomber tedo Axial RR10 Bomber 3 02-08-2016 07:47 AM
About to get an Axial bomber thatchvol Axial RR10 Bomber 12 12-07-2015 08:08 AM
Duuuuuuuudes Yeti Duuuuuuuude Axial Yeti 96 10-17-2014 02:07 PM
Backwoods Bomber Duuuuuuuude 1.9 Scale Rigs 153 06-11-2012 08:41 AM