Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Comp experience with your Bomber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Comp experience with your Bomber?

So I have a ton of 1:1 crawling experience, but no rc comps. Until last weekend. I was thinking; yes most of us can thrown down a couple hundred here and there and own all the parts we look at on this site, but experience in what you see on the trail could be worth much more. So with that, I post what went down for me.

My Bomber is relatively stock, I replaced the spur gear to a 9 tooth to ease the load on the stock motor. I have a hitec servo and axial servo horn. Titanium SSD steering links . Axial front axle shafts so I can turn tighter (tires almost touch lower control arms) and finally I replaced the ring and pinion in both axles with 43:13. Just before the comp, I put on a vanquish anti-rock sway bar in the back.

So, my experience..... the wb is definately longer then other rigs in the class 3 (SORCCA) section. I also tend to get hung up in the belly pan more often than others. Also the Bomber seems taller than abour 80 percent of other people in the class. There was only one obstacle where having a lot of speed from say a brushless motor, would have helped me. The sway bar arms came loose twice with those little tiny set screws (after I got home and cleaned up I used a little clear nail polish as a threadlocker, so we will see).

All in all I was pretty impressed with the bomber, even though I pointed out in every course. I do see the huge advantage, or even necessity to having a lunch in one of those comps. Without one I had to drive over the gates on obstacles I couldn't make it and eventually would point out. There may be other modifications that would make it drive better but I think for now I will get a winch next. The factory tires also are not as big or sticky as other competitors tires that is on my list next also.

Anyone feel free to post your experience I think it could help us all.

Thanks!
Ryan

Last edited by YeeP; 01-20-2016 at 04:19 PM.
YeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Comp experience with your Bomber?

There's nothing quite like comp crawling. Stick with it! Next thing you know you'll have a comp rig.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote

Comp experience with your Bomber? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First scale comp for my Bomber. JDAY Axial RR10 Bomber 8 12-23-2015 03:28 PM
Summitcrawlers first comp. experience summitcrawler Scale Nationals 3 10-01-2012 06:30 PM
mann0mann's LOSI Comp Crawler Experience mann0mann Team Losi Comp Crawler 155 09-28-2009 11:57 AM