Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: New Bomber - Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New Bomber - Questions

Hey all... Only a few years into the hobby, have a couple trucks (traxxas stampede and a scx10 deadbolt) both I have tweaked, fixed, etc but still learning and still somewhat a newbie.

I picked up the Bomber a few weeks ago (love it), only took it out a few times but already doing a few mods.

New servo horn
20t Motor (going brushless in the future)
New steering links (ordered)
Axial rear sway bar (ordered)
Traxxas big bore shocks 2662 (ordered)

My overall goal is to have a capable crawler but something with decent speed. Not looking to make a basher as I have my stampede for that, crazy speed. I picked up the 20t motor and with a 3s it's better then stock.

Questions I am hoping I can get help with.

Looking to get a little more speed and was going to change out the stock pinion to 15t or 16t? Other than watching heat issues, any other concerns?

Shocks, after reading on here that a few people went with traxxas big bores and liked them, decided to go with them, will run the stock axial springs for now, but wonder what Oil / spring setup would be good for a crawler, speed combo? What size springs would I look for?

Last question, are all parts for the wraith compatible with the bomber?

Thanks all...
woody131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Bomber - Questions

I would read through the entire 14 or so pages of the RR10 bomber forums. There is a ton of good info here. Plus all the questions you are asking have been asked and answered a few times.

Shock oil is end user personal preference. People will suggest 25w-40w depending on thier preference and driving style. Factory axial oil is 30w.

The front end of the RR10 is all wraith links/steering/drive shaft. The transmission, rear links/trailing arms/drive shaft are all yeti.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks.. I have read a lot of different threads on the bomber page on, guess I should expand my searches to other pages.

I will do some searches for different weights on Oil for shocks I am just not familiar with what's best (higher or lower) depending on style of driving. Bomber I guess is somewhere in between.

Same with spring setup, I will search around more.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #4

My motor burned up on hour 2. I wouldnt do anything to strain it unless you are looking for an excuse to install a Hobby Holmes Motor.
TEMPLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:26 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMPLE View Post
My motor burned up on hour 2. I wouldnt do anything to strain it unless you are looking for an excuse to install a Hobby Holmes Motor.
Did you leave it on the stock gearing? Thanks for the feedback.

Was hoping to get a few months out of the motor with not going to hard on it. I do see my self going brushless, but does cost a few bucks for a decent setup.

New Bomber - Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General bomber questions jdsusername Axial RR10 Bomber 13 01-01-2016 08:29 PM
Questions questions questions quest qowirnl RYY Newbie General 11 10-04-2006 08:18 PM