Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Project Black Widow or Red Widow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2016, 08:16 PM   #21

Default Re: Project Black Widow or Red Widow

CKRC with the fast shipping. The TA's looks really nice in person. Another part from Vanquish that i wished was in red.
Attached Images

BadPanda818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2016, 04:17 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Very nice work and color scheme on that interior paint!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Very nice work and color scheme on that interior paint!
Thank you
Old 07-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #24

So I looked around the garage for the red carbon sheet and couldn't find it to save my life. Until it's found, the panels are not being installed.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #25

I need a general opinion from everyone. I am stuck between VooDoo U4's and Pitbull Rock Beast II. The rig will be used for trails and some sandbox. 80% sure tires will stay dry for the most part with a couple of puddles. Foams will be CI single stage close cell. Also, which tire compound should I use? I'm a onroad guy primarily but started liking the scale and detail of these rigs.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I personally prefer the Voodoo U4's over the RBII. I used the blue compound and found it to be great all around for our high desert climate. If it's generally colder where you are, consider golds.
shakemandril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:10 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I use my U4's on my basher yeti with DW tall foam, a friend is using the rockbeasts in his scx and they're awesome. They're both great tires but I'd say the foam is going to make a bigger difference for what you get out of the tire.
shiftauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
I use my U4's on my basher yeti with DW tall foam, a friend is using the rockbeasts in his scx and they're awesome. They're both great tires but I'd say the foam is going to make a bigger difference for what you get out of the tire.
I guess U4's it is then. What type of foam would you recommend? Barely getting my feet wet with these rigs.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I'm prob not the most qualified to give advice on foams.lol. I did a ton of reading before buying foams and tires. It's all in the use of your rig. My bomber is going to be crawler first so I'll prob go dual stage foam. It's a hard single cell inner with a soft/medium outer. These are for my scx10 but should give you an visual.

Wait, where am I?
Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftauto View Post
I'm prob not the most qualified to give advice on foams.lol. I did a ton of reading before buying foams and tires. It's all in the use of your rig. My bomber is going to be crawler first so I'll prob go dual stage foam. It's a hard single cell inner with a soft/medium outer. These are for my scx10 but should give you an visual.

Wait, where am I?
looks good. I'll take any advice right now since I'm a newb in this area. Really appreciate the advices you have given me Shift.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:27 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

No problem. I'm learning on the fly myself. Luckily I'm a quick study. I don't like wasting time or money so I research a lot before I make a move. This forum has been extremely helpful. I got my first RC in February and now I'm building my 3rd. I search the forum all the time.

Freedom isn't Free!!
Old 07-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #32

Finally some updates. the cage is finally put together and turned out really great except for the interior. I lucked out that the carbon fiber sticker is close enough to how the vanquish red was. Will replace the interior with a darker hue of red. While mocking up the Bomber, i noticed that there was binding when I was rolling it. Checked both axles and were butter smooth thanks to the ceramic bearings. Checked the tranny and found the bind. Just when I was about to disassemble the tranny, I noticed that the slipper unit was causing the binding. I guess the Vanquish motor mount somewhat offset the gear cover. If you look at the third pic, I placed one of the kit bearings and worked like a charm. On the forth pic, you will see that the bearings offset the slipper unit by about 4-5mm. I still have no regrets buying this kit. Yes, some like the built to smooth like butter but I like my builds to be a little nutty. The extra shocks finally came in and will put it together when I get the chance tomorrow.

P.S. Does anyone know when RPP gets refresed with new KBESS limiting straps. The red ones were out of stock and I was stuck between yellow or pink.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2016, 01:09 AM   #33

The kit is finally pieced together and looks beautiful. The secondary shocks are installed and worked perfectly. I ordered AX31173 and began to worry when they came in. The shock body was about a third longer compared to the stocks and thought that it might not fully compress the primary rear shock. Luckily enough, it was a perfect fit. The secondary rear shock would bottom out first while leaving about 3mm gap on the primary rear shock from bottoming out. I used 32.5wt oil on the rear secondary for more dampening. Honestly this would help out with torque twist without using the sway bar. Some of the kit parts were transferred over to my son's RTR. Win win situation for me. As far as performance goes, it's about 90% there. Still contemplating about adding a secondary shock in the front and tires to go with the truck. Aesthetics will be added when the trucks set-up is within my liking.
Attached Images

Project Black Widow or Red Widow - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project black widow rcredneck88 General Scale Talk 7 03-07-2013 08:16 PM
my black widow inline6power Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 01-02-2009 02:20 PM
Project "black widow" (pede crawler) rocky General Crawlers 58 12-23-2004 11:27 PM
Black Widow project done TwistedCreations Traxxas Crawlers 28 06-15-2004 09:16 PM
( UPDATED-almost done) Black Widow project TwistedCreations Traxxas Crawlers 40 05-05-2004 06:45 PM