Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: keala'z scx10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default keala'z scx10

yeah, i know, another one. i just had to put a couple of pics up anyway. it has a rooster crawler in it, with a integy 35 turn. very happy with the speed and torque. i decided to leave the battery tray in the rear. it's also got a tower pro 995mg steering servo. should be good enough for this rig. i threw in a whole trip of lead weight in each wheel. took it out for a quick run and was very pleased. i might take out the rubber dampers/stops off the shocks for more articulation. aloha

keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
09 RCA champ!

looks great are you going to run the stock body or a different one?
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i trying to get a bushwacker body from a guy here locally if he ever calls me. i actually kinda like the stock body. i took it out today for a good run on it and no problems. kinda happy axial stuck with the same axles. well proven ad strong. pretty sure it'll never see the abuse i give my crawlers. took it up a pretty steep incline and it climbed with little effort. the 35turn ntegy motor and rooster crawler combo is great for this rig. the rig is surprisingly light. i did put lead weight in the wheels and pretty sure it helps out allot. i'm gonna think twice about taking the rubber dampers off of the shocks. it's actually great articulation and floating the tire actualy helps this rig in my opinion. i honestly think this is a even more capable and well bult rig than my old tamiya hilux. i know the differences but, being both c channel rigs i'm loving this one more. leaf spring option would be great for this rig, i hope axial offers it soon or and aftermarket vendor here on rccrawler. aloha
Old 02-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

dude i want one of these bad, missed you out here in colorado. how was the trip back?
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Looks nice
doing any other upgrades to it??
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
dude i want one of these bad, missed you out here in colorado. how was the trip back?

hey billygoat. so sorry i missed you and the guyz. really wanted to meet the infamous billygoat. lol. the trip is always a long one but i guess we caught a tailwind because we goy home a couple hours early. my daughter wasn't really sick or anything but she just couldn't keep anything down, maybe the water? colorado springs is a beutiful place. hope to be out there by summer. aloha
Old 02-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Sweet Ride Bruddah. Post pics when you get the top on.
fasa_00 is offline   Reply With Quote