Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Instruction mistake or just me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #1

Default Instruction mistake or just me?

Hey guys - I'm mid-assembly on my SCX and having fun all the way. I did notice that I seem to be missing a plastic part tree or there is an error in the instructions. Wondering if it's the same for anyone else.

For AX80032 (shock parts) the manual says you should have 2, but I dont see why as that would give you enough shock parts for 8 shocks. Then during the assembly of the 4 links the manual references to use the rod ends from the same AX80032. I used the rod ends from AX80005 as they are the same. Anyone else recall this?

Lastly, after building the axles, I notice when I spin the pinion that there seems to be a point in the rotation that is a little more stiff. Is this normal .. something that breaks in ? or should I disassemble and look to make adjustments.

Thanks - the last kit I have built was in the late 80's and it's even more fun now !
habenero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

lol i had the same problem with my shocks last night lol. all of the ends are the same so you can use some of the extras in the kit. i think i ended up with like 6-10 extra end links so you should be fine.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah dont worry about it. I ran into the same stuff too. Just some typo's i guess.

On your axles did you make sure that the pinion popped down into its seat in the axle housing? They will feel a
little rough because of the gears but if it feels like its binding at some piont might not hurt to take a look at it.
MiddleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

i did notice if your pinion is pushed in the wheels will not spin if you pull it out just a hair then they spin freely. and u have to pull them out a lil bit anyways to put the drive shafts on anyways so it makes sense. overall the kit went together really easy.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

My axles were also a little hard at some points, but after I ran it once it was good.
AeroSynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #6

I had a similar issue with my rear axle, it would bind a bit once every rotation of the axle shaft, so I opened up the axle and spun it with everything in place to discover one of the shafts was bent? Odd. With a little massaging I straightened it out and now it's smooth as silk.
FarmerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I did a full video of the build on mine and pointed out the errors in the manual. It happens but they are very easy to figure out and get past. The parts tree that doesn't exist, the wrong numbers for the shock parts, main steering drag link position, and the aluminum spacer placement on the upper shock mounts are the main ones. No biggy.

SC-X10 full build all on video: http://www.nitrokillers.com/showthre...2266#post12266

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTed View Post
I had a similar issue with my rear axle, it would bind a bit once every rotation of the axle shaft, so I opened up the axle and spun it with everything in place to discover one of the shafts was bent? Odd. With a little massaging I straightened it out and now it's smooth as silk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSynch View Post
My axles were also a little hard at some points, but after I ran it once it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
i did notice if your pinion is pushed in the wheels will not spin if you pull it out just a hair then they spin freely. and u have to pull them out a lil bit anyways to put the drive shafts on anyways so it makes sense. overall the kit went together really easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleT View Post
Yeah dont worry about it. I ran into the same stuff too. Just some typo's i guess.

On your axles did you make sure that the pinion popped down into its seat in the axle housing? They will feel a
little rough because of the gears but if it feels like its binding at some piont might not hurt to take a look at it.
AHHHH,MY HEAD HURTS! Shims guys,thats why they make them. ANY local hobby shop should have shim packs hanging on the wall. Proper gear mesh will ensure a stronger gear that will last longer.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote