Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Owen RaCing's SCX10 Zuki Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #1

Default Owen RaCing's SCX10 Zuki Build

Hey guys, I just wanted to say hello to all of you and introduce my new rig to you all, my scale SCX Samurai build. Im planing on using the trail ranger body from Axial on it once that body comes out. But the body will not go unhacked! im gonna make it look a little more real....

To give you all a little background on my love of Sami's

Thats my 86 Samurai. Its gonna be the model to what this Axial becomes. PM me if you would like specifics on the full scaler

Another picture:

A little mud never killed anyone..

My setup

Axial SCX-10
Sidewinder
Mamba 4600KV
Thunder Power 11.1V 2100 MAH lipo's
Spek RX W/ my 3PK

And alot of custom work. It should be alot of fun! Im excited. All the stuff is on its way or in my hands, and im eagerly waiting its arrival! Then the wrenches get thrown and the build goes down! I will take alot of pictures and post them, make sure I keep it all up to date. This car will also serve as a tool to get a friend of mine into Radio Control. If you know me at all, im very big into RC. I got my first RC when I was 6. And Ive been in it ever sense. I hope to get my friends as addicted as I am and bring more people into this hobby!

Thanks guys! hope you enjoy the build!
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Sweet, can't wait to see what you build. Were you at the comp in Selma last weekend?
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
Sweet, can't wait to see what you build. Were you at the comp in Selma last weekend?
No, I did not get a chance to go. :-( Do you know if anybody snap'd any pictures? I looked a little around here and did not find any threads or info or pictures. But I herd it was pretty awesome. I will not miss the next one. (if there is ever another) Until RPM Hobbies gets its Dirt track done, all im gonna be doing is playing with my lil crawler. So I hope they have another comp!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #4

In preparation for the truck I started working on a course for the lil bugger..

The pictures dont tell much of the size and height. But it does tell the story of my excitement! I think it will be the beginning of a good scale course. What it is spray foam covering soda bottles, Sobe bottles, and a couple crumpled water bottles.

2 more days till the arrival of my truck. Getting excited
Old 03-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen RaCing View Post
No, I did not get a chance to go. :-( Do you know if anybody snap'd any pictures? I looked a little around here and did not find any threads or info or pictures. But I herd it was pretty awesome. I will not miss the next one. (if there is ever another) Until RPM Hobbies gets its Dirt track done, all im gonna be doing is playing with my lil crawler. So I hope they have another comp!
Yah my buddy Kendall took a few. Unfortunately it was normal Oregon weather(raining hard) in fact the scale start line went from being a slight water hazard to having to drive completely underwater a few feet. Check this link.
http://www.orcrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4201
Yah hopefully Chad can get something together soon, although there are tons of scale spots around here. Have you registered on orcrc yet?

Last edited by @tw!ll; 03-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #6

Sick Thanks for the link! And ohh yea, like most oregonians Im used to the rain Scalers going water proof for sure!

No I dont think I have for ORCRC. Ive been to there forum alot just never got to signing up. Ill be at the next comp for sure. Later this month in gold hill I heard. Im down for that
Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #7

Default I hate wires

So the electronics came! Truck is supposed to show up today, electronics came yesterday.

I hate wire! Its all messy and hard to work with. Give me some fuel line anyday and id be so much happier. Ohh well. Nature of the beast

Truck comes tonight. Cant wait!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #8

ok guys. What's up with there being no shock pistons? Am I seriousaly missing something? It tells me to put a part where the piston would be, that's actualy the preload adjustment collar. I'm at a mute point scratching my head here...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #9

Never mind, I figured it out. This trucks instructions and the way its put togeather is boggling me alot. I guess im used to race shocks, these things are loose as ive ever seen!