Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX 12" wheel base question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX 12" wheel base question

Probably a dumb question but I know i saw somewhere a thread with a parts listing to extend to 12" w/b but i can't find it. Can somebody tell me how to do it or where that thread is.

Thanks
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #2

http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160899

Part #'s are there from Axial.

-Matt
MLambert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLambert19 View Post

Axial posted this in another post here: I think you would only gain 1/2"? But if you could do this to the front and rear... you would be OK, I think.

You can't add too much to the front without running into clearance issues with the servo. But you can add quite a bit to the back.

We used the following parts front and rear to extend the wheelbase to 12" (305mm).

AX30518 Threaded Aluminum Pipe 6x98mm - Grey for the lower links.
AXA1418 6x6mm Spacer - Grey for the upper link.

We also offer the grey links, posts, and spacers in different lengths so you can fine tune the length to exactly what you need. All the part info is below:

-Matt
I haven't received my kit yet, but I have the same question..

The body that I'm going use has a 12" wheel base, from what I understand the kit is 11 1/2? So I need a extra half inch..

Just to be clear... Do those part numbers above give you 1/4 or 1/2 of a inch extra length? Or is it a combo of the front and back to get the extra 1/2 inch?

I understand you would need two 6x98 post for the lower links (if just extending the back), but how many spacers for the top?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by fantomas; 03-12-2009 at 04:36 PM.
fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLambert19 View Post

-Matt
Thats the one. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomas View Post
I haven't received my kit yet, but I have the same question..

The body that I'm going use has a 12" wheel base, from what I understand the kit is 11 1/2? So I need a extra half inch..

Just to be clear... Do those part numbers above give you 1/4 or 1/2 of a inch extra length? Or is it a combo of the front and back to get the extra 1/2 inch?

I understand you would need two 6x98 post for the lower links (if just extending the back), but how many spacers for the top?

Thanks in advance!

If I am reading it right you get a total of 1/2" if you do both the front and rear. The spacers they are talking about are I believe 1/4". They come in packs of 6. So you would need:
2x 6x98
1x spacers (for top)

to just do the rear and gain 1/4" again in my understanding.

Now i have another question Im running T-REX 60 axles and used the 4 link plates for the axles. It gave me the EXACT scx w/b of 11.5 BUT since its 4 link would I need 4 spacers for the top links (2 for front and two for rear) or figure something else out?? I am trying to keep it a clean as possible.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
Thats the one. Thanks

If I am reading it right you get a total of 1/2" if you do both the front and rear. The spacers they are talking about are I believe 1/4". They come in packs of 6. So you would need:
2x 6x98
1x spacers (for top)

to just do the rear and gain 1/4" again in my understanding.

Now i have another question Im running T-REX 60 axles and used the 4 link plates for the axles. It gave me the EXACT scx w/b of 11.5 BUT since its 4 link would I need 4 spacers for the top links (2 for front and two for rear) or figure something else out?? I am trying to keep it a clean as possible.
Thank you..

I purchased 2 packs of (4 total) 6x98 and 1 pack of 6x6 .. to do the front and rear
fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote