Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Blue Oval Trail Runner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Blue Oval Trail Runner

Thank you so much RPPHobby for hooking me up with the parts.

the build pics pretty much the same as everyone else

the lid

that's all for now, when I get more done I'll get some pics up,
I gio tmyself some brazing equipment asn materials, so after seeing a few tutorials online and
reading up I'm going to practice some of it and them build a rollcage for this thing. the motor
installed is a 55T Integy.

enjoy!
gearguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

:-PWhoo Hoo HS-645mg ! same servo i picked,,, hope i picked wisly for trail and light crawling, And Please tell me about that hardbody,,does it come
with window glass and any parts other than gril,bumper,etc and Where did you get it? Thanks ahead of time
Osco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osco View Post
:-PWhoo Hoo HS-645mg ! same servo i picked,,, hope i picked wisly for trail and light crawling, And Please tell me about that hardbody,,does it come
with window glass and any parts other than gril,bumper,etc and Where did you get it? Thanks ahead of time

the body comes by itself, cab and bed, nothing else the grill/bumpers, tail gate/rearview mirrors, light lenses and window are sold separately. I got everything at RPPHOBBY.com
Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
DBR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearguy70 View Post

that's all for now, when I get more done I'll get some pics up,
I gio tmyself some brazing equipment asn materials, so after seeing a few tutorials online and
reading up I'm going to practice some of it and them build a rollcage for this thing. the motor
installed is a 55T Integy.

enjoy!
SO WRONG!!! Why did you have to go and build everything and take pics, then stop at the body. You are worse than Lost with the cliff hangers!!!! J/K

Looks sick and I can't wait to see what you do with it
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

lol, thanks, I'll get some mock up pics of the body today as I finished putting the beadlocks together a few hours ago, currently at work. I have a question, that is stupid I guess, probably haven't tried hard enough, the hub caps for the wheel nuts go all the way in right? meaning no gap between it and the surface of the wheel? I can't seem to gte mine on the nut further and than half a milimiter, I'll just force it in today when I get home
Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Nvm about the wheel hubs figured it out, me stupid. ok, got it finished last night, and I got some pics of the body mock up this morning, and the elecs are in.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the hardware set to put the body together or would I just have to buy a stainless screw kit to get the right bolts?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Cant wait to see what you do with this im working on getting a jugg body mounted up on my scx.
headhunter555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thanks! I'm going for a more race look with it but still looking scale as much as I can, I was planning on doing a drop bed, but cause of the lack of hobby shops with the right building supplies I'm not sure I can, I mounted up the bed for the time being to use it as reference for the rollcage and mounting the cab, afterward I may remove it and cut it up and attach the panels of the bed individually.

barely rubs on it

does the height of the body look ok there?

any suggestions/comments/criticism welcome, I'm trying to get better at building these things and a little criticism is always good
Old 03-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I would cut holes for the shock mounts and set the bed on the frame if space allows and you can mount the cab to match. The lower stance and COG are worth it
gta3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I was just thinking that, I was planning on droping the bed and have it mounted to the chassis. I would need to trim the wheel wells quite a lot if I decide to lower it more than that, but if it makes it handle better, why not I'll see what I can do about it, I'm going to practice some brazing before I start building the rollcage amont other things
Old 03-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

can you guys help me? ive searched on tamiya usa, and at tamiyaclub and haven't found my answer, I need to know what's the parts bag that has all the hardware for putting the body together as well as some place where I can find the tailgate as well, rpp is out of stock. Thanks in advance, not much progress , just painted the hub caps with details as well as the bolts on the wheels
Old 03-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

too high in my opinion, maybe for a 2.2 but not a 1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearguy70 View Post
Thanks! I'm going for a more race look with it but still looking scale as much as I can, I was planning on doing a drop bed, but cause of the lack of hobby shops with the right building supplies I'm not sure I can, I mounted up the bed for the time being to use it as reference for the rollcage and mounting the cab, afterward I may remove it and cut it up and attach the panels of the bed individually.

barely rubs on it

does the height of the body look ok there?

any suggestions/comments/criticism welcome, I'm trying to get better at building these things and a little criticism is always good
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i thinkit sits nice. it's no crawler, it's a scale truck. just get the stainless screw kit anyway. always nice to have extra screws laying around. cut theholes for the hock hoops and drop the bed a little as stted above, it'll look nice. aloha
keala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
DBR
Quarry Creeper

not sure you would need to cut holes in the bed for the shock hoops. Looks like you have a good 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch worth of space. The just open the fender a little for space for the wheels and you are golden.
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will get on it when I get a chance, I'm going to trim the bed spacers for now to lower it a bit more, and I started the braze work, no pics, as it ain't great just a tube brazed to a metral plate, lol the start of the sliders. I will get to work on the cage tomorrow and show you some pics then. I finally rann it woth the other body, and I must say this did a hel of alot better than my make shift crawling WK. plus it looks way better on the rocks, lol. just as I thought, the truck didn't disappoint, but lacking a bit of top end, I may change to a 35T, since most of the trails here don't have huge rocks to crawl, but, it's crawling, you don't really need loads of speed
Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

well, I managed to paint the stock body, my try at making a roll cage miserably failed, so maybe later on that, but I love this truck so far, it can climb more stuff than my WK lol.

Enjoy! I may have time this week to finally finish mounting the highlift body and maybe start paint
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Looks good man. Im runnin the f350 body on mine too, but i have it sitting alot lower.
atvdude775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #18
dkf
Rock Crawler

Where did you get that Hilux F-350 body?
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Where did you get that Hilux F-350 body?
You can get them from Corey at RPPhobby.com
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #20
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdodge88 View Post
You can get them from Corey at RPPhobby.com
Thank You.

I'm trying to decide between the AX10 and SCX10. Either will have that body on it.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote