Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: and so it begins

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default and so it begins

my SCX10, that is :grin:
I ordered a SCX10 frame kit, a Hand Brothers Off Road chassis mount servo kit/front 3 link kit, a TCS black ano boomerang rear link mount, the 43/13 ring/pinion set for both axles, a pair of 7x60 and 7x65mm threaded posts in grey (the long ones become the rear upper links, the sole shorter one becomes the front upper link, and the extra just hangs out until I find some use for it), some T-Maxx 96mm toe links (closest I could find to the 6x91mm threaded pipe that Axial provides as the stock lower links on the SCX10. they don't even seem to have released that part yet ), some Traxxas hex head 3x25 button head screws and 3x10mm countersink head screws (never have been a fan of philips head screws). eventually I want to get the Vanguish high-steer knuckles for the front, a set of Axial CVD axle shafts, a RCP steel locker for each axle, and either a 10 or a 12 cell Elite 1500 pack from cheapbatterypacks.com

this is converting my Scorpion over, which already has a Park 400 outrunner, a Mamba 25, MIP center shafts, the Integy steel transmission gear set (yes, I am running the steel spur, but on the stock plastic spur mount. seems to spin more on-center than the integy steel unit), red compound Losi Smashers on Proline 8 shooter beadlocks, and I've got a set of Sportwerks Raven ST front shocks cued up for all 4 corners of this thing. steering duties are taken care of by a Futaba S3305 servo, which gets bossed around by a Hitec Agressor SRX (although I would like to pick up yet another Spektrum receiver so i can use my DX3R)
Slyp Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

how did this build ever finish up???
RC CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Why bring back a 2 year old thread? LOL
Tru3Racing is offline   Reply With Quote