Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx 10 help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #1

Default scx 10 help

im looking in to getting an scx 10 but wanna know difference between the kit and rtr i know rtr has every thing but the kit needs motor and radio and all that good stuff...... im use to doing nitro street cars i know when u buy a kit vs a rtr u get extra goodies most times but my questions is what comes in the scx 10 kit that the scx 10 tr dosnt have? i like the tr cuz of bumpers and i could play with same day instead of buliding it
thanks for help
98s10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I believe the biggest difference between the TR and the kit would be the links. The TR comes with plastic steering and suspension links while the kit comes with aluminum links. I'd go with the TR.... you could always swap out the plastic links later on....
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

TR comes with:

Rock Sliders
F/R Bumpers
Led Kit
Dingo Body
Fender Flares
5th Wheel/tire

IMO, the TR is a better buy, when you add up buying all that stuff extra, it amounts to more than the difference between the kit and TR. The fender flares alone are $32 for a complete set. That's half the difference in price right there. The only upgrade the TR not having is the aluminum links, as Matt said above.
nickvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvig View Post
TR comes with:

Rock Sliders
F/R Bumpers
Led Kit
Dingo Body
Fender Flares
5th Wheel/tire

IMO, the TR is a better buy, when you add up buying all that stuff extra, it amounts to more than the difference between the kit and TR. The fender flares alone are $32 for a complete set. That's half the difference in price right there. The only upgrade the TR not having is the aluminum links, as Matt said above.
I got the flares from tcs for less than 25 and the sliders too , rpp has them too
LEROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Get the TR, I got mine the other day and I have to say that it's the most fun rig I've ever driven and in stock form it's a pretty capable crawler as well. Also, some people might not like the 27T motor in it, but I love it, there's torque to get you places and wheelspeed where you need it as well.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #6

k thanks guy also one more question is what batter should i buy?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm running a Venom 3000mAh Nimh pack in mine and it does great, well over 30 minutes of runtime. Lots of people run 2 cell lipo's as well. I'd say just get an nimh pack for now just to get started but it's really up to you and what you have already and what you want to spend.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yeah, I'm still on the fence too.....SCX10 vs TR...Wish Axial would give us a few more options...I hate the SCX10 body....TR body is nice but would rather have the kit...I'll probably go with the kit and buy the TR body, or change my mind a hundred more times...
rc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #9

well i got the scx 10 tr and a orion 4500 rocket pack and so far so good its pretty bad ass only drove it around in the house but will take it out tomorrow and play with it