Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Trannies...no not that kind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Trannies...no not that kind

Alright, so I'm getting some click clack from my TR as of recent and started looking around at transmissions. There are definatley some choices out there. Wanted to see what people are prefering and why?
Also what types of motors people are running with them also.

Lets see/hear it
nics1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

lots of people are running the axial trannys because they work great! if there is noises you need to take it apart and inspect it could be just that your drive shafts arient on the outputs tight
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I'm running the axial tranny as well.

I'd consider the Losi MRC transmission if someone made steel internals for it. It's super small and you can get a Holmes 400 puller in there with a little work. Drive shafts would be pretty easy with some of the traxxas boat yokes too. Unfortunately, nobody makes those steel gears though so the MRC tranny is very, very prone to stripping the gears. Even with the little mrc sized motors.

I think pre axial, most folks used pede trannies ...

Is there somethint about the axial tranny you are unhappy with?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Good stuff, keep it coming.

Nothing I'm really unhappy with, just want to see what is out there for making things more...bulletproof I guess.

Didn't see a transmission thread in this forum so I thought I would start one for everyone to compile info in kinda.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm pretty sure you can find some alloy gears for the Axial but the best bet would be to add their slipper (if it's not already in the TR) if you are worried for the durability.
You might also want to add a dig (don't see those much on scalers) or a RC4WD 2 speed R2 tranny.

I also add the Axial tranny and never anything to complain about, it's pretty durable, so you should try as it is first and if you're unhappy change for something else
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I agree with the durability on the Axial tranny.

I've been running my comp rig on the same set of tranny gear (plastic) with no slipper for over a year. 3s, HH motor and my rig is stupidly heavy. I finally shredded the gears 2 weeks ago.

For an SCX10 ... I think the stock gears are plenty.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

This is a great thread! I am getting ready to drop a HH 7T puller into my SCX10 Rock Racer, and was curious if stuff was gonna break.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #8

Has anyone had any luck adding a 2 or 3 speed to their axial. I have done some hunting an it seems like everyone sticks to the stock single.
driftology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
TEAM MODERATOR

I would agree,fix the Axial tranny. For a 2.2 comp rig,scaler....even a shaft driven super.....it's the best option out there IMHO.

Beat the snot out of them in our 2.2 Axial comp rigs. Only upgrade was the CDW 6mm outputs,never had an issue running 10t pullers on 3 cells.

My old super was running an Axial tranny,10t puller on a 3 cell. 6mm outputs and metal gears,held up great. The weak spot was the spur gear. Good weak spot IMO cause they are cheap and plentiful at any hobby shop and easy to replace.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Well it looks like I'll stick with, I just need to find some metal internals for it now so it is more built.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftology View Post
Has anyone had any luck adding a 2 or 3 speed to their axial. I have done some hunting an it seems like everyone sticks to the stock single.

im also really intrested in the 2 and 3 speed trannys! i wonder how they workk n if it would bolt right up 2 the scx10. that would b sick 3 speeds lol!
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote